O/T Golf Day Volunteer Marshalls

This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

O/T Golf Day Volunteer Marshalls

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

If any of you would be willing to give up your time on Friday 12th September to help marshall the Smile4Rich Golf Day at Quindell Club (nr Fareham) then please reply below or drop me a PM. It's in a Ryder Cup-style format and this year's two team captains are Paul Walsh and Matt Le Tissier. Those playing include another old Pompey favourite in Warren Neill.

My main need is for observers to adjudicate on the hole-in-one, nearest-the-pin and longest drive competitions (6 people in total) during the afternoon (midday - about 5.30pm), but I could also do with one or two who'd be willing to be there from about 7.30am to help me set-up and register all the players as they arrive.

For those on the early start, I'll be providing a bacon roll breakfast, plus a lunch, and there'll be a beer at the 19th for all who help out.

Cheers, NSS
Annie.

Re: O/T Golf Day Volunteer Marshalls

Post by Annie. »

Wish I could be there NSS.

It does not seem like a year ago since you asked this very self same question. I am unable to remember all that volounteerd but I do remember that Wally and Jasper were there and enjoyed their bacon butties and lunch. As well as providing valuable support.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Annie. wrote:Wish I could be there NSS.

It does not seem like a year ago since you asked this very self same question. I am unable to remember all that volounteerd but I do remember that Wally and Jasper were there and enjoyed their bacon butties and lunch. As well as providing valuable support.
Know you would be there if you could Annie. Yep, Jasp & meself, Cosham Scouse & VFTH last year. It doesn't seem it, partly as it isn't quite. Last year's was in October - delayed due to poor Alan Ball deciding to play for Heaven's XI.

Should be there, haven't got in touch with you yet Sherl, still debating whether I can get myself out of bed and up there for 7.30am, and be one of the "early" helpers! :)

Jasp was keen last heard, hope he can come, I've got to get in touch with him though.

...and yep you're right, the bacon butties and lunch were blinkin' marvellous! :D
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:
Annie. wrote:Wish I could be there NSS.

Know you would be there if you could Annie. Yep, Jasp & meself, Cosham Scouse & VFTH last year. It doesn't seem it, partly as it isn't quite. Last year's was in October - delayed due to poor Alan Ball deciding to play for Heaven's XI.

Should be there, haven't got in touch with you yet Sherl, still debating whether I can get myself out of bed and up there for 7.30am, and be one of the "early" helpers! :)

Jasp was keen last heard, hope he can come, I've got to get in touch with him though.

...and yep you're right, the bacon butties and lunch were blinkin' marvellous! :D
Thanks WW/SMcG

I saw Jasp earlier in the week and sadly he can't make it this year due to a family committment that day. He has helped for the last three years though so I'll let him off this time :wink:

VFTH and Cosham Scouse have again offered their services, and Jamie (some might remember him from the early bashes) has again volunteered to help.

Could still do with another two if possible as there are 5 competition holes to marshall and one of those needs two people on it.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Hi Sherl

Sorry to hear Jasp is tied up, but glad to hear the others are in. Will be coming down on the day, not sure yet if I can do the early start. But count me in.

For any others out there still "ruminating" - can say it's a good day, quite funny at times, bit of friendly banter, and although completely rushed off his feet, NSS still finds time to look after everyone - including those helping out! :thumb

So give it a go.. Plus it's the nearest to the South-Coast derby at the moment, and seeing Le Tissier cry in his beer after losing the Golf is worth every penny! :wink: Seriously - a very worthy cause.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Hi Sherl

Sorry to hear Jasp is tied up, but glad to hear the others are in. Will be coming down on the day, not sure yet if I can do the early start. But count me in.

For any others out there still "ruminating" - can say it's a good day, quite funny at times, bit of friendly banter, and although completely rushed off his feet, NSS still finds time to look after everyone - including those helping out! :thumb

So give it a go.. Plus it's the nearest to the South-Coast derby at the moment, and seeing Le Tissier cry in his beer after losing the Golf is worth every penny! :wink: Seriously - a very worthy cause.
Look, if you're going to sell it that hard Scott then you might as well mention the topless bar staff, the free 'massage' and the complimentary 2008/09 Club Wembley seats :wink:
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Now, NSS, that should attract some other volounteers..
Kingofstar
Interim Manager

Post by Kingofstar »

*No new posts on this thread in the next 24 hours and I'll move it*
It's not the despair, Lua Lua. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEdeKreB4w
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Have a word with No shot , this is now 2009 ;-)
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"