O/T - Tickets for Ladies Day at Royal Ascot (Smile4Rich)

This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

O/T - Tickets for Ladies Day at Royal Ascot (Smile4Rich)

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Dear all

On behalf of Nick, Janice & Emily Bowler (Rich's family), I have been asked to offer four Grandstand entry tickets for Ladies Day at Royal Ascot (on Thursday 17th June). These tickets, donated by Ascot Racecourse, were purchased by the Bowler family during the charity auction at the Smile4Rich Gala Dinner last October - making the very handsome sum of £1,000 for the charity.

Unfortunately, due to the date clashing with Emily's final university examinations, they find they are unable to make use of these tickets. Though they are of course disappointed not to be able to attend Royal Ascot, rather than see them go to waste the family are inviting offers for the tickets, and the opportunity for four people to enjoy a fantastic day out at one of the highlights of the British racing and social calendar.

Though they paid considerably more than 'face value' for these tickets, the Bowlers have generously suggested that they only wish to recoup part of the money they spent. The minimum offer they are prepared to accept is £300, but the family have offered to donate anything over and above a £400 selling price to the charity - meaning they'll be at least £600 out of pocket, but hoping to make even more money for the Smile4Rich Appeal in the process.

I'm sure you will agree that this is an extraordinarily generous gesture. Accordingly, I invite you to make your best offer for these tickets (which also includes parking for one car). Offers must be received by no later than Wednesday 31st March, and the highest offer over £300 will be accepted. The winning bidder will be notified within 24 hours and will be expected to pay for the tickets within 7 days. Please email your bid to me at neilw@smile4rich.co.uk

Grandstand Admission - The Grandstand Admission ticket at Royal Ascot gives access to excellent facilities and viewing areas from which you can watch the Royal Procession and the racing action from the lawns in front of the Grandstand. The Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and track are both within a short walking distance, by crossing the Concourse in the main Grandstand. There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet – from the bookmakers in the betting ring to the totepool and betting shops in the main Grandstand.

Other highlights of Grandstand Admission include:

Over 1,000 free seats are available from which to view the racing.
Big Screen TVs on the Plaza Lawn.
Military Bands performing in the Parade Ring before the Royal Procession each day.
Traditional sing-along around the Bandstand after racing on each day. Free song books provided.
Food outlets selling a variety of value for money cuisine options.

Grandstand Admission Dress Code - Ladies with a Grandstand Admission ticket are required to dress in a manner appropriate to a smart occasion. Many wear hats although this is not compulsory. Gentlemen in the Grandstand Admission area must wear a shirt and tie, preferably with a suit or jacket. Sports attire, jeans and shorts are strictly forbidden.

Also, if you know anyone who you think may be interested in making a bid for these tickets, please feel free to forward this information to them.

Cheers!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: O/T - Tickets for Ladies Day at Royal Ascot (Smile4Rich)

Thank you oh great Lord of the Sticky! :D
hermie's a ledgend
Robbie Pethick

Post by hermie's a ledgend »

That's is one of the best prizes I've heard of in a long while. I shall be there anyway as I help run the on course radio. Who ever gets them enjoy!!!
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

NSS, had any takers??
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Hi Annie

No bids as yet. Looks like they'll be going to waste unless someone puts in a late bid.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Thought I might find you lurking here. Lost your email address - special filter which deletes all skates. Anyway, just to say I'm available for bucket shaking on Saturday, although I should add that although I'm not a fairweather Saints supporter, I am a fairweather chugger so hope the sun's shining. Send me details of when and where to report for duty.
VFTH
Milan Mandaric

Post by VFTH »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Thought I might find you lurking here. Lost your email address - special filter which deletes all skates. Anyway, just to say I'm available for bucket shaking on Saturday, although I should add that although I'm not a fairweather Saints supporter, I am a fairweather chugger so hope the sun's shining. Send me details of when and where to report for duty.
Hi Ziggy hope all is well with you.

Neils email if you need it.

neilw@smile4rich.co.uk

Take care
Smile and those around you smile ..... Laugh and they think you have gone mad

http://www.smile4wessex.org
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Thank you, my friend - but I stopped chasing the boys years ago. I shall wait for him to come and find me!
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Stick to yer guns girl....good to see you.

NSS, did read your reply the other day, hope they go soon.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Thank you, my friend - but I stopped chasing the boys years ago. I shall wait for him to come and find me!
Consider yourself found, Miss Stardust, and much appreciate your kind offer. I'll drop you a mail with details once Mark Abrahams has confirmed arrangements (hopefully tomorrow). Look forward to seeing you on Saturday, and don't worry, the sun always shines for Rich.
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

NSS - on the subject of helping out...

The company I work for now allow staff to take 1 day out of the year fully paid to help a charity.

Got any events coming up you need a hand with? I'll round up the troops :D
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

ddavis wrote:NSS - on the subject of helping out...

The company I work for now allow staff to take 1 day out of the year fully paid to help a charity.

Got any events coming up you need a hand with? I'll round up the troops :D
:thumb Much appreciated ddavis.

Nothing in the immediate future, but I'll bear the offer in mind if that's okay, cheers!
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

No worries.... Just give me a few weeks notice.

As and when events come up, if you PM me details i'll put them on our sharepoint site for all to see.

Your charity is already known to a fair few of us, one of the fernandez ladies works for us so a fair few of us went to the K4R event.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

ddavis wrote:No worries.... Just give me a few weeks notice.

As and when events come up, if you PM me details i'll put them on our sharepoint site for all to see.

Your charity is already known to a fair few of us, one of the fernandez ladies works for us so a fair few of us went to the K4R event.
Will do. K4R was a good night. Didn't realise you were there. Do you work in Whiteley then?
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

Yep, did the site too ;)