This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, General Mods

By No Shot Sherlock
Smile4Rich Golf Day taking place at Cams Hall Golf Club on Friday 17th September (three weeks today).

Ryder Cup-style format with breakfast on arrival, 9 holes of four-balls, lunch and then 18 holes of singles. Paul Walsh captaining the Blues and Franny Benali skippering the Reds.

Plenty of spare places on the Blue team.

Entry £52.50 each.

Prizes, medals, trophies and chances to win a brand new car, golfing holidays and Cobra Irons.

Full details at http://www.smile4rich.co.uk/fundraising/event-detail-14 or PM me your email address for an entry form.

Deadline for entry is next Friday, 3rd September.
By Weybridge
Same here, my golf has gone from bad to worse this year.
By mattyg
i could get 2 or 3 myself included from work is do you have to have a proper handicap to enter ( waiting the jokes)
By No Shot Sherlock
If it helps, we have golfers of a huge range of ability take part every year, from single figure handicappers to those that literally play once a year (at the Smile4Rich golf day). The great thing about this format is you're matched against golfers of similar ability. If you and your partner both play off 28 (the max handicap) then you'll me matched against a pairing of similar ability (or lack of it!). This ensures everyone has a chance to win their particular 'match' and contribute to the team score. In two of the last three years there's been a tie (which Matt Le Tissier lost on the sudden-death shoot-out) and a 1 point margin (also to the Blues). In the latter, the final and winning point was won by a 28 handicapper.
Last edited by No Shot Sherlock on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By VFTH
mattyg wrote:i could get 2 or 3 myself included from work is do you have to have a proper handicap to enter ( waiting the jokes)
I usually marshal one of the par three holes (prize holes) and will be again this year, if needed.
I can tell you that the standards range from very good amateurs to people losing up to 3 balls on most holes. I am sure you do not have to have an handicap but the most important thing is that you have fun and make money for this fantastic charity.
By No Shot Sherlock
VFTH wrote:
mattyg wrote:i could get 2 or 3 myself included from work is do you have to have a proper handicap to enter ( waiting the jokes)
I usually marshal one of the par three holes (prize holes) and will be again this year, if needed.
I can tell you that the standards range from very good amateurs to people losing up to 3 balls on most holes. I am sure you do not have to have an handicap but the most important thing is that you have fun and make money for this fantastic charity.
Hiya mate. Would be delighted if you were available to assist again this year :D Was planning to email you and the other from this board (Cosham Scouse, Jasper and Where's Wally) early next week to see if you were available.
By No Shot Sherlock
Just to make it clear. You do not need to have an official handicap to play in this event. So long as you know the basic rules of the game, and are not a complete novice (ie. you've never played the game before), then you should be fine.
By Number 1 Jasper
No Shot Sherlock wrote:
VFTH wrote:
Hiya mate. Would be delighted if you were available to assist again this year :D Was planning to email you and the other from this board (Cosham Scouse, Jasper and Where's Wally) early next week to see if you were available.
No Shot .

No way can I go this year , rosters have been changed and 2 are on leave on that day( so no point in me even asking ) .

Gutted
:(
By No Shot Sherlock
Number 1 Jasper wrote: No Shot .

No way can I go this year , rosters have been changed and 2 are on leave on that day( so no point in me even asking ) .

Gutted
Hi Jasper, you did mention that it may be a problem, but thanks for letting me know. Sorry you can't make it as I know you enjoy helping out on the day, even if the Saints team always seems to lose!

Cheers, NSS
By Number 1 Jasper
No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote: No Shot .

Gutted
Hi Jasper, you did mention that it may be a problem, but thanks for letting me know. Sorry you can't make it as I know you enjoy helping out on the day, even if the Saints team always seems to lose!

Cheers, NSS
Thanks ( I think ;-) )

For anyone who can play at ANY LEVEL Please GO it is a Fun day !!!!
The Word Association Thread, ill start

John

Interesting interview with Tisdale. https://www.g[…]

Wage Cap Proposals

Prince Boetang Kevin was only with us one seas[…]

Wigan v Hull

Fair point. However, it would be a lovely bonus t[…]