Kit Symons

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Kit Symons

Post by rumourmonger »

Another win for Fulham tonight. Surely he must be odds on to get the job now.

Wouldn't it be good if we could get to the FA Cup 3rd round and draw Fulham. Awford versus Symons. One for the journos to have a field day with.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Kit Symons

Post by Selsey Bill »

rumourmonger wrote:Another win for Fulham tonight. Surely he must be odds on to get the job now.

Wouldn't it be good if we could get to the FA Cup 3rd round and draw Fulham. Awford versus Symons. One for the journos to have a field day with.
Agree with you entirely! Even tweeted earlier that they were out of the same stable.
I respect both of them big time, especially for what both of them have done for Pompey, but if I had to put my money on one of them making it I'd go for Awfs! More steel to his backbone possibly?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

About 20 years ago, my company had installed an entry system on the players' entrance at Fratton Park. I spent a few days there running the cables, and I met quite a few of the players, Kit Symons being one of them.

A few days later, I saw him again, getting into a car in North End, he recognised me, said hello to me, then got into the car, and dished out the McDonalds he'd just bought - the other occupants were also players, IIRC Chris Burns was the driver. Can't imagine players these days nipping off for a Maccy-D after training.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Top man is our Kit Symons. And a bl**dy good player in his day.

I used to love that defence we had with John Beresford and Warren Neil either side of Kit and Awfs.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Me too Earl Grey. Kit was very down to earth & i remember when he came back with another club Joyce Tynan was @ the Frogmore Rd entrance & Kit went straight to her, "alright Joycie" & asked her how she was. Top top bloke IMO.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Didn't Symons once go through an entire season, in which he played almost all Pompey's games, without being booked? Amazing for a centre half. (Or am I making this up!).