Wow. That was embarrassing.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

blitzoid
Billy The Boot Boy

Wow. That was embarrassing.

Post by blitzoid »

Roll on next season.
Its such a fine line between stupid and clever.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Re: Wow. That was embarrassing.

Post by formerly known as »

I'm trying to work out what was the low point, Nigel's miss hit two yard pass, or the Lino missing the most obvious corner ever.

Mmmm pretty poor indeed
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I might just shred my ticket for next week.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

MOM Joe Devera playing right wing. worked his socks off in an unfamilar position but did a job for the team. Put shame on all others that have played up that side of the park.
Webster was a different player in the centre, pushing forward with the ball and linking with forward players.
Westcarr - get rid, end of
Jed - played as he always does, 100%. Some things worked, some didn't. TBH no-one else was going to try to score.
Jones - that goal was your fault. If you stand on the line expect to be beaten.
Close - looked ok but no play maker
Hollands - one of his better games, Looks like he has been given more of a roaming role as he had end of last season. can see him becoming better - shame there is only 2 games left.
Ref - it was a clear corner you baffoon. But he did the same to them later in the half.
Ref - have deeper pockets if you are going to stuff the spray can in them. Hollands had to keep on handing it back to him after it had fallen out.
Ref - again you acted like a baffoon and proved it by pacing out 10 yards to an invisible Pompey wall.
Ertl - good to have a honest player on the park, you always give your all for the shirt.

Is that paint dry yet?
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Jones certainly should have come for that ball, unless there was something I didn't see that was stopping him, but everyone around me knew Bury would score from that move for about 5 seconds before the cross went in. Nobody closed down their player and everyone looked out of position. It was as if our whole team went to sleep for a moment.

So, just to out this into perspective - not embarrassing at all. A mid table team with nothing much to play for is up against a team looking for automatic promotion. Which team would your money go on in the bookies?

As others have said, we looked better than they did in the first half and actually did put some effort into it. Bury are where they are because they know how to hold on to a 1-0 lead. They've conceded 39 goals in 43 matches.

For the first time I'm starting to think that Jed Wallace will want to leave us at the end of the season - he clearly did not enjoy being booed off the pitch at half-time.
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

<dj.> wrote: So, just to out this into perspective - not embarrassing at all. A mid table team with nothing much to play for is up against a team looking for automatic promotion. Which team would your money go on in the bookies?
I guess fans expect their players to bust a gut in every match but you're right, at this stage of the season it isn't realistic unless the team has something to play for. Pompey had a great run in February but weren't able to sustain it long enough to ever seriously bother the play-off positions and since then the season has drifted along aimlessly with very little to play for and no momentum. The board really need to make an astute managerial appointment because I suspect a lot of fans are getting seriously fed up with the mediocrity served up over the last couple of seasons.