Tess vs The Don

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Tess vs The Don

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Let me see if I've got this right....y'all test fired a nuclear missile off the coast of FLORIDA, aimed it at Africa and it was last seen heading over S. Carolina?
wtf?
Cant you test fire in your own back yard ffs.

Then, to cap off a great week for yer military...y'all sent 5 tanks through the channel tunnel.(Vlad must be shaking in his spandex vest)..to see if they fit???
Y'all know the "chunnell" has been there a while right?

Anyhoo....no wonder Tess is coming over toute suite to suckle The Donalds teet.
Are we still special Donald?
Div III. Call it what it is.
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Tess vs The Don

Post by past memories »

As the missile is leased from the US, perhaps it was homesick. Anyway this happened 4 years ago, who`s stirring the pot ?

From the Times.
The Americans asked us not to discuss the trident misfire as it also affects their own strategic deterrent.
It will now all go away anyway as it was the left's hero Obama who asked us not to and the person he asked was Dave

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C245QgmWgAEQFX3.jpg
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Let me see if I've got this right....y'all test fired a nuclear missile off the coast of FLORIDA, aimed it at Africa and it was last seen heading over S. Carolina?
wtf?
Cant you test fire in your own back yard ffs.

Then, to cap off a great week for yer military...y'all sent 5 tanks through the channel tunnel.(Vlad must be shaking in his spandex vest)..to see if they fit???
Y'all know the "chunnell" has been there a while right?

Anyhoo....no wonder Tess is coming over toute suite to suckle The Donalds teet.
Are we still special Donald?
The Trident test range is in the USA so where else would you have the RN fire it?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Let me see if I've got this right....y'all test fired a nuclear missile off the coast of FLORIDA, aimed it at Africa and it was last seen heading over S. Carolina?
The problem was with the Lockheed Martin guidance system. Last I looked, they were one of your companies...
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

I can't get excited about this news story in the slightest...

"Equipment tested, and problem identified".

It's the whole point of testing!!!

Perhaps we should ignore the rest of the engineering industry and just assume that any modification will work perfectly first time, everytime, without needing to be tested? Could save the MoD a shed load of money if they took that approach on everything they procure.

(Until the lawsuits start mounting...)
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

This Time Next Year wrote:I can't get excited about this news story in the slightest...

Perhaps we should ignore the rest of the engineering industry and just assume that any modification will work perfectly first time, everytime, without needing to be tested? Could save the MoD a shed load of money if they took that approach on everything they procure.

Would you buy a car from a manufacturer which promised its product had been tested, yet refused to reveal the results of the tests?
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
This Time Next Year wrote:I can't get excited about this news story in the slightest...

Would you buy a car from a manufacturer which promised its product had been tested, yet refused to reveal the results of the tests?
Nail. Head.

If there is a story, then it is around the conspiracy / cover up rather then the sexier headline grabbing story of 'nuclear' missile turned left instead of right.

Yes they probably should have disclosed this, but the fact it is being tested should not have had a bearing on the vote over trident, which imo should have been a judgement on the ethics and morals of nuclear weapons, in combination with the nations strategy for actually using the things.

A guidance system with a (presumably) temporary and repairable glitch is of minimal consequence for such a major decision.

Just my thoughts though. I'm sure many will get worked up by the story. (Otherwise the paper wouldn't have bothered publishing it).
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Nuclear weapons? Who even needs nuclear energy?

http://www.metaspoon.com/potato-powered-led-lamp
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.