Players supporting Trust Community Buyout bid

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Players supporting Trust Community Buyout bid

Post by OldSpice »

http://tinyurl.com/79fptd4

Lawrence backs cause after Ashdown text

Published on Thursday 26 April 2012 14:40

THE wife of Pompey goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown says she is ‘just doing her bit’ to save the club after Liam Lawrence backed the fans’ takeover bid.

Zoe Ashdown has been urging players to follow in her husband’s footsteps and pledge their support for the Pompey Supporters’ Trust’s share scheme.

She said: ‘I know how hard the trust have worked on it. I don’t deserve any credit as I’m just passing the message on.

‘The trust are amazing.’

Mrs Ashdown has three children with husband Jamie – Harvey, eight, six-year-old Tyler, and four-month old Lilac.

She studied journalism at Surrey Institute of Art and Design before working in PR in Reading and is happy to use her skills to spread the trust’s message.

She added: ‘We cannot just sit back and not get involved.’

Meanwhile, Republic of Ireland international Liam Lawrence, currently on loan at Cardiff City, said he signed up after receiving a text from Mrs Ashdown.

He said: ‘There has been a genuine concern about the future of the club and it looks like it’s getting more serious by the day.

‘I have always been there to do the best I can for the club before this happened and the supporters have never been in question – they are unbelievable.

‘I just cannot believe it has come to this.

‘If the trust take over I will have Pompey in my blood and I hope it turns round for the club.’
PUP
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Players supporting Trust Community Buyout bid

Post by Locky_McLockface »

The Snooze also reporting that Darren Moore has also pledged to sign up.
Last edited by Locky_McLockface on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Pompski! »

I am sure if our first 11 put in £500k each and had a proper stake in the club, they'd play for the badge. Maybe that's the future of football.
I am me, the universe and you.
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by OldSpice »

I was at the training ground today signing up Joel Ward, David Norris and Jamie Ashdown.

Should be on Meridian News, South Today and in The News sometime.

https://twitter.com/#!/sarahgommeITV/st ... 05/photo/1
PUP
Albie McCann's Legs

Post by Albie McCann's Legs »

Zoe Ashdown the Trusts player recruiter has tweeted tonight that Ricardo Rocha is the latest player to sign up.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Pardon my ignorance on this....what does it mean when a player "signs up"? Is it just a signature of support or something more substantial?
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by OldSpice »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Pardon my ignorance on this....what does it mean when a player "signs up"? Is it just a signature of support or something more substantial?
They are pledging to buy a £1k share in the Trust to fund our Community buyout IF, after due diligence, we propose a bid, subject to them agreeing, of course!

In other words, they are signing up to buy a share along with many, many other supporters who have already pledged!
PUP
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

OldSpice wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Pardon my ignorance on this....what does it mean when a player "signs up"? Is it just a signature of support or something more substantial?
They are pledging to buy a £1k share in the Trust to fund our Community buyout IF, after due diligence, we propose a bid, subject to them agreeing, of course!

In other words, they are signing up to buy a share along with many, many other supporters who have already pledged!
Okay, 'tis small change for them but still great to see.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

I know you probably don't want to show your hand, but out of interest, how many people have signed up so far?
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

£100 for a rich footballer is hardly wow factor.

I'm not knocking those who are working hard to achieve things, but a footballer giving £100 to me is a ****** take.
Albie McCann's Legs

Probably more to do with the players having a belief in the Trust in trying to keep the club alive not the fact they are commiting money. Ashdown, Ward, Norris, Pearce, Rocha & Lawrence so far in current squad signed up.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Albie McCann's Legs wrote:Probably more to do with the players having a belief in the Trust in trying to keep the club alive not the fact they are commiting money. Ashdown, Ward, Norris, Pearce, Rocha & Lawrence so far in current squad signed up.

£100 = belief?

Lets face it, these guys are very, very wealthy from a game thats paid them a plenty. £100 to me is an empty gesture, but maybe I haven't the full facts?
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

as i understand it they are pledging their £100 as a gesture that they will be willing to be involved.

i is also my belief that if it came to it an individual would be able to buy more than the £1000 of shares.

therefore they pledge their £100, and come the day they can put in more than the £1000.

all the £100 is at the moment is a gesture of support, not a financial indication.

I say good on em
Albie McCann's Legs

£100 is the statement of intent, which goes up to a grand if the trust go for it. I know that's not a lot to someone earning more in a month tan some do in a year, blah,blah, blah.

Is it the continual rain that's got a number of posters grumpy???? FFS
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Albie McCann's Legs wrote:£100 is the statement of intent, which goes up to a grand if the trust go for it. I know that's not a lot to someone earning more in a month tan some do in a year, blah,blah, blah.

Is it the continual rain that's got a number of posters grumpy???? FFS
Don't get why people are so defensive of players who have been paid a small fortune in some cases to sit on a bench, then I'm meant to jump for joy that they gesture a fraction of the back, wait there.........FFS (and yes, the rain does make me grumpy, poor, and very grumpy...

For those posting whilst being paid, well played(paid)