Late Nite with The Cincinnati Kid

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Late Nite with The Cincinnati Kid

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Heeelllllooooo again Portsmuff! And a hearty ho hum to our stripy neighbors down the road. May all be well with your bearded women and may your stay in the premier league be shorter than a vertically challenged persons collection of short stories.
Welcome to another edition of the board’s favorite show….Late Nite.
Now, bang your heads together for your host, a man for all seasons, a man that once read a book indeed a mans mans man….The Cincinnati Kid!

Welcome Kid fans. What a show we have lined up for y’all this week.
Jeeves!....martinis and 2 glasses. We have a guest.

Let’s kick off with a conversation with Ballroom Chainsaw.
CK: Mr. Chainsaw, welcome to the show.
BC: Thanks Kid…first let me say how great you are and how much I love your show.

CK: So, I understand you are thinking of reinvesting in Portsmouth Football Club again.
BC: Yes, I’m trying to get my money back.
CK: Will you be investing in youth for League 1 or purchasing experienced players?
CK: Do you think Pompey can bounce right back up to the Championship at the first attempt?
CK: What is your opinion on liquidation…can it be avoided?
CK: Is the supporters trust a group you feel has something to offer?

Well, thanks there to Mr. Chainsaw….Jeeves, let’s spin some tunes.
First up, the master of the Stratocaster, Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughn. Now some eagle eared viewers, no names, no packdrill (McGarvey) may complain I’ve played this SRV version of Hendrix Voodoo Child before….but they would be wrong. I have played a version before…but not this version. This version exceeds the brilliance of the previous brilliant version by a factor of 10.
How does he do it?
1. Buy the fattest strings you can find and install them on your strat
2. Take off the old frets and replace them with the fattest ones available…probably best do this before putting on the fat strings
3. Tune yer axe down to E flat
4. Be born with unnatural talent then practice for a billion hours

[youtube][/youtube]
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Re: Late Nite with The Cincinnati Kid

Up next, some education for you Kid fans.
Billy Holiday with Strange Fruit. Bitingly chilling tune on American racism and a chart topper from 1939. Broke away from her usual jazz and band vocals to pop this gem out. Some tough lyrics that wouldn’t be out of place in the modern era. Everyone should own a best of Billy Holiday CD.
[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Right, way back on my last show, my Clash cred was challenged by (no names, no pack drill…MiltoninLA)
I’d selected 2 rare tracks deemed “interesting”
So let me re-establish my proper Clash credentials with a Strummer/Jones rewrite of a classic American Civil War tune….When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
Hurrah!

[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Let’s have a brief totty break Kid fans. This clip is proof that America is a far better place than where y’all euro ninnies live because we have WWF lingerie pillow wrestling.
FACT.
Staci vs Teri.
Batter up

[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Speaking of hot wimin, it’s been a while since I’ve played anything from The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, those Danish popsters fronted by the divine :smt007 Mette Lindburg :smt007 .
Here are a couple of live tunes from a visit to a Dutch radio station. Those Johnny Europhiles are quite clever with the lingo eh what.
Danish pop band, in Holland, communicating in Danish, Dutch and Anglais….very clever and much more clever than us uni-linguists from USA and blighty.
I must say though….how on earth do those Dutch and Danish people ever become couples? It seems like you’d have to exchange a half liter of spittle before you got past “Hello…my name is….”

Anyhoo….the gorgeous :smt007 Miss Lindburg :smt007 with Golden Age and Heart Attack.
Btw, even not speaking the lingo, I think :smt007 Miss Lindburg :smt007 has those 2 idiot disc monkeys totally spellbound.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Well that’s a wrap Kid fans. Let’s end as we began, for this is not the beginning of the end, nor the end of the middle bit but it is perhaps the end of the end.

SRV from the same show.

Adios amigos

[youtube][/youtube]
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Thank you cinci for the early evening reverie
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

uspompeyfan wrote:Thank you cinci for the early evening reverie
Ah yes...still tea time out west.
Off to bed myself.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Hope you're up early to enjoy our last Championship game.... I will be up at 4...don't know why... I just do it.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
forty9er
Alan Biley

Post by forty9er »

Thanks CK, professional as ever. However you are wrong in assuming that pillow wrestling is unique to the USofA. Here in East Kent we practice it regularly, the only difference is that here it is heterosexual and in fact inspired your show I'm going to nip back upstairs have an impromptu bout with Mrs forty9er.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

As ever CK - a diamond of a show. Just the right amount good music, smutty innuendo and gratuitous sex - as Ocsar Wilde once said when passing through Customs...'I have only my genius to declare!'

Totally wasted on little oiks on here who are never compus mentis at the weekend due to their over indulgence of monosyllabic contributions to the Word Association Thread to engage their raddled brains.......
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

forty9er wrote:Thanks CK, professional as ever. However you are wrong in assuming that pillow wrestling is unique to the USofA. Here in East Kent we practice it regularly, the only difference is that here it is heterosexual and in fact inspired your show I'm going to nip back upstairs have an impromptu bout with Mrs forty9er.
Yes, but is it an officially goverened sport with highly paid professional athletes in Kent?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:As ever CK - a diamond of a show. Just the right amount good music, smutty innuendo and gratuitous sex - as Ocsar Wilde once said when passing through Customs...'I have only my genius to declare!'

Totally wasted on little oiks on here who are never compus mentis at the weekend due to their over indulgence of monosyllabic contributions to the Word Association Thread to engage their raddled brains.......
grunt, yarrghhh....the sound of phlegm hitting the bedroom floor. Heavy footsteps across the room then a long heavy stream of last nites lager hits the porcelein with 2 or 3 toots on the tuba as an orchestral accompaniment.
Some scratching and sniffing.... a search through the dirty clothes pile to find something not too offensive to others eyesight or nasal passages. A cup of instant coffee is lifted to craggy lips while a half butt Benson and Hedges is rescued from the over-flowing ashtray and lit with a slightly shaking hand. The low warm glow of the laptop fills the dark, dank room as a grubby finger guides the mouse pointer to the word association thread.