Special Pompey Tie For Sale from TM Lewin

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Special Pompey Tie For Sale from TM Lewin

Post by Chris_in_LA »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote: St.Anne's (violet) - Castle (red) - School (green) - Woodleigh (gold). Blimey, that ain't bad going for 32 years ago!
As memory serves, there was red, blue, yellow & green for the colours, but didn't do the lower school, was at St. Swithun's before. Benildus was one (yellow), John another and will have to defer to others that may remember the rest :lol: Think it was in my last two years (76 - 78) that there were no more house colours on the ties.
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
Guernsey Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Guernsey Blue »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:
Chris_in_LA wrote:Reminds me of me old St. John's tie.
(Oxford & Cambridge blue?)

Did you have the coloured stripe in the Lower School tie - for your house? (if you did the Lower School). I caught the last year & a term of the year before with me gratis place for impoverished children (cap off lad).

St.Anne's (violet) - Castle (red) - School (green) - Woodleigh (gold). Blimey, that ain't bad going for 32 years ago!
Don't recall ties, but house colours were:

Red - Westbury
Yellow - Blackbrook
Pale Blue - Cams
Green - School

37 years ago, or 42 if you take it from the start. bl**dy hell. Ask me what I had for tea yesterday, no chance....Sign of Alzheimer's apparently, remembering stuff from long ago but not recent. Still, could be worse. At least I don't have Alzheimer's.

(There should be at least 2 other posters who can confirm or correct the above. The colours that is, not what I had for tea)
I daren't think too much, so I drink too much
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

My school went like this:
Whitcombe (Green), Latter (Yellow), Smith (Red) and Grant (Blue)

Luckily I was in Grant (Blue is the colour) with Hoppy as our housemaster
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Chris_in_LA wrote:As memory serves, there was red, blue, yellow & green for the colours, but didn't do the lower school, was at St. Swithun's before. Benildus was one (yellow), John another and will have to defer to others that may remember the rest :lol: Think it was in my last two years (76 - 78) that there were no more house colours on the ties.

Looks like they changed 'em every now & again. I think that (sometime) after I left, they brought house ties back into the Senior school.

But am sure those 'Houses' were in place throughout the period I was there. But then I joined the Lower school ('lower remove') in the last term of 1980, 2 years after you'd gone. Be interesting to hear schmindie's recollection (if he spots this). You & Rubi are the old(est) Johannians :D , then me, then schmind - all missing each other (completely) by a year or two, IIRC!
Guernsey Blue wrote:Don't recall ties, but house colours were:

Red - Westbury
Yellow - Blackbrook
Pale Blue - Cams
Green - School

37 years ago, or 42 if you take it from the start. bl**dy hell. Ask me what I had for tea yesterday, no chance....Sign of Alzheimer's apparently, remembering stuff from long ago but not recent. Still, could be worse. At least I don't have Alzheimer's.

(There should be at least 2 other posters who can confirm or correct the above. The colours that is, not what I had for tea)
:lol:
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chris_in_LA »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote: Looks like they changed 'em every now & again. I think that (sometime) after I left, they brought house ties back into the Senior school.
Yup, current ones are apparently; Leo, Edwin, Alan and Damian. Gonna have to e-mail, Jeff. He's bound to remember.
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q