One for Lakes

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

stefeni
Interim Manager

One for Lakes

Post by stefeni »

Richard Hughes has joined the Trust scheme to buy the Club
In transition to the real me, Currently on hold after surgical review until I loose 10kg anyone got a hiding place for it :-) hopefully will be fully the true me now in 2017.
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: One for Lakes

Post by lakespfc »

Good lad, nice to see him making good use of all that money we paid him for doing nothing..
PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

lakespfc wrote:Good lad, nice to see him making good use of all that money we paid him for doing nothing..
Sounds like the love affair is over..........
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

He did take out Quashie big time in the first of the 4-1 drubbings - we should be grateful for that at least.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Chopper Dave wrote:He did take out Quashie big time in the first of the 4-1 drubbings - we should be grateful for that at least.
Yes indeed, the Perrin v Redknapp 2005? match-up at FP. Quashie hadn't really been gone that long. Felt that there was no love lost there!

I was wondering about Hughes a few weeks ago. What piqued the interest was the 'revelation' that he'd offered to play for a third of his wages, but we'd not taken up the offer (so did Brown apparently). But there was a flipside (allegedly), can't remember if it was just that we did a 'Kanu' deal (i.e. split the 30k over 3 years), or something more demanding - like he then went back on to serious money after, not sure.

Anyways, from his twitter, seems he is more than happy running his restaurant in London, but from what I could make out, hadn't had any serious offer to play football again (!) Found that hard to believe. Sure, he was limited - sideways passing and defensive (think Butch Wilkins on steroids, but without anywhere near the ability).

But surely good enough for League 1, and a few Championship sides. Still only 32? He was asked straight out if he would consider playing for us again, and said he would without a moments hesitation. Don't know what wages he'd 'need', but he could do a job? (we missed a holding player towards the end of the season).

Ref: Lakes. All smoke & mirrors. She had him up there (in his Cup Final suit that she got from eBay) for a good fortnight. Bloke was 'used & abused' until he bled - spat out and dumped...
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by lakespfc »

Chopper Dave wrote:He did take out Quashie big time in the first of the 4-1 drubbings - we should be grateful for that at least.
And got Ronaldo sent off..
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by lakespfc »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote: Ref: Lakes. All smoke & mirrors. She had him up there (in his Cup Final suit that she got from eBay) for a good fortnight. Bloke was 'used & abused' until he bled - spat out and dumped...
Did you have a secret camera set up?....
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:
But surely good enough for League 1, and a few Championship sides. Still only 32? He was asked straight out if he would consider playing for us again, and said he would without a moments hesitation. Don't know what wages he'd 'need', but he could do a job? (we missed a holding player towards the end of the season).
Maybe he isn't that bothered by the game? When you've spent a good chunk of your career playing at a Premiership club I can imagine for some players it would be hard to be motivated playing for some non-entity in the lower leagues. If he was financially sensible I'm sure he's earnt enough to be able to do something else.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

lakespfc wrote:Did you have a secret camera set up?....
:D
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP