They may actually be the most evil people I have ever known.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

They may actually be the most evil people I have ever known.

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16237465

Yes, I know this is days old but this has been haunting me.

I have worked at war crimes tribunals and sat directly across the courtroom from the likes of Theoneste Bagosora, Ratko Mladic and Radovan Karadzic, all responsible for the deaths of many, many thousands of innocents. I worked in Uganda and saw first-hand the work of the Lords Resistance Army. I worked in Darfur and saw first-hand the work of the Janjaweed and the Khartoum regime.

I acknowledge that the Philpotts are innocent until found guilty but, if true, this action led to the horrific deaths of five of their own children. They then kept vigil next to the dying sixth and authorised his life-support to be switched off.

Bagosora et al killed what they believed to be, in their warped and twisted minds, members of an enemy entity. The victims were also strangers and were killed at the hands of others.

The Philpotts have no such 'defence' and committed the absolute and ultimate betrayal of their children's trust. The press conference (and maybe I refused to suspect this was all part of a classic police investigation strategy) showed no suggestion of mental breakdown.

A large part of me hopes they are innocent and someone unknown to the family will soon be caught.
Last edited by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife on Wed May 30, 2012 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: They may actually be the most evil people I have ever kn

Post by Pompeymack »

We need to be careful as the only thing you know about these people is what you've read and seen on the news (Philpots).

These people should be given a fair trial and judged afterwards based on the facts and not paper talk.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

pompski mackov wrote:We need to be careful as the only thing you know about these people is what you've read and seen on the news (Philpots).

These people should be given a fair trial and judged afterwards based on the facts and not paper talk.

I agree , after the treatment Jo yeates landlord got , we should all be careful .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

Nah, f*ck it...it's much more fun to speculate and dabble in hyperbole.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:
I have worked at war crimes tribunals and sat directly across the courtroom from the likes of Theoneste Bagosora, Ratko Mladic and Radovan Karadzic, all responsible for the deaths of many, many thousands of innocents. I worked in Uganda and saw first-hand the work of the Lords Resistance Army. I worked in Darfur and saw first-hand the work of the Janjaweed and the Khartoum regime.
Do you have a fanclub that I can join?
Guy Whittingham

Devil Avocado wrote:Nah, f*ck it...it's much more fun to speculate and dabble in hyperbole.
How appropriate.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

How appropriate.
If you're talking about your original post then no...it wasn't.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Devil Avocado wrote:Nah, f*ck it...it's much more fun to speculate and dabble in hyperbole.
Sorry, but that was unworthy of you. I appreciate that you and HH do not see eye-to-eye on many occasions, but to use this subject to score cheap points was beneath you.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
pompski mackov wrote:We need to be careful as the only thing you know about these people is what you've read and seen on the news (Philpots).

I agree , after the treatment Jo yeates landlord got , we should all be careful .
I'll third this sentiment - its very unhelpful to indulge in speculation and judgemental commentary at this time.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Guy Whittingham

Maybe I should go back and highlight certain parts of my original post....

Edit: Done.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

the_lock_man wrote:
Sorry, but that was unworthy of you. I appreciate that you and HH do not see eye-to-eye on many occasions, but to use this subject to score cheap points was beneath you.
Rubbish.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

The parents are scumbags anyway. What was it? 13 children in a council house by 2+ mothers? Jeremy Kyle show contestants?

You need to be vetted by the RSPCA to rehouse a dog but anyone with a cock can have kids and lets face it, those who really sholdn't have kids, have the most kids.

****** this country, I am out of here.
I am me, the universe and you.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Maybe I should go back and highlight certain parts of my original post....

Edit: Done.
What part of speculation do you not get? And how about we change the title too?
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:

I'll third this sentiment - its very unhelpful to indulge in speculation and judgemental commentary at this time.
But that landlord bloke looked well dodgy. And as Pompski points out, these two are council house scum. They aren't the same as the rest of us, and therefore we should speculate to our hearts content and even compare them to war criminals.
Guy Whittingham

There you have it, folks.

It has been summarily decreed by self-appointed moderators that it is forbidden for us to mention such matters or indulge in any "speculation". I humbly apologise as my original post will clearly have serious repercussions on the Philpotts having any chance of a fair trial should a prosecution occur.

How could I not know this?! For shame.

In future, whenever we see news like this, we are expected to keep our opinions to ourselves. I hope that is clear.

That precisely such discussions are being held elsewhere without some arbitrary restriction demanded by the easily upset is wholly redundant. 'Freedom of speech' does not apply to this forum.

Strewth.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

I wonder if Julian Assange is guilty...?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."