Battleship

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Battleship

Post by Weybridge »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18189970

Note to casting directors : don't hire Taylor Kitsch.

Battleship, Rihanna's latest film, has overtaken John Carter as the worst ever US opening box office flop compared to the size of its budget...

The film now overtakes notorious box office flop John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch, as having the worst domestic opening in the US made with a budget of at least $200 million (£126m). Taylor Kitsch is also in Battleship.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Re: Battleship

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Weybridge wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18189970

Note to casting directors : don't hire Taylor Kitsch.

Battleship, Rihanna's latest film, has overtaken John Carter as the worst ever US opening box office flop compared to the size of its budget...

The film now overtakes notorious box office flop John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch, as having the worst domestic opening in the US made with a budget of at least $200 million (£126m). Taylor Kitsch is also in Battleship.
To be honest this film opened at number 1 in almost every territory globally except for its domestic one, it will almost certainly come in to profit and is a small part of a bigger strategic plan by the licensee Hasbro who has successfully relaunched the board game worldwide on the back of this film.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

[youtube][/youtube]
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
The "Community Chest", cracking, made me laugh out loud ! :rofl
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Trouble is with a Monopoly film, it doesn't have an ending. Everyone in the cinema just gets bored after about three hours and walks out..
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

sadly they are developing a Monopoly movie as well as a a Cleudo, Risk and Mousetrap ones!
Rusty
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Rusty »

£10 says this bloke goes missing on set:

---------------------------------------------
2008 FA Cup: [Semi] - [Final] - [Victory Parade] - [Community Shield]
2010 FA Cup: [Semi & Final]
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

I'm looking forward to Subbuteo - The Movie.

Plot : Two teams face the most vital match in their history. All is going well, when a giant cat runs across the pitch Godzilla style. The teams band together to chase it away, but then a giant knee crushes a player. While he is being stretchered off, fans and players are forced to flee as a tornado ruins the match forever - caused by a large woman hoovering the floor.

Directed by JJ Abrams.