Subs

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Subs

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Football League clubs have voted to return to 7 subs next season following proposals from Birmingham City & Derby County.

Great, we are going to struggle to have 11 players let alone 18!
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
surk.
Alan Knight

Re: Subs

Post by surk. »

I think 5 was enough, may have even suggested 4 (3 Outfield and one GK)

Seven is way too many, and you would think with all the living within your budget, teams would have wanted ways around not having to have big squads, and this would be one way that would have helped
PSTs blue and white army!!

Never adopt a dwarf who IS a Scummer.

Its not big, and its not clever!!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

surk. wrote:I think 5 was enough, may have even suggested 4 (3 Outfield and one GK)

Seven is way too many, and you would think with all the living within your budget, teams would have wanted ways around not having to have big squads, and this would be one way that would have helped
Clubs need at least 20 players to get through a season. Unless you have a squad-rotation policy, inevitably some will spend long periods out of the matchday squad. THis way, at least 2 more players will feel that they've at least got a chance of playing.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
redman With A Blue Ticket
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by redman With A Blue Ticket »

You think thats bad. The FA have brought in a grassroots initiative to test "5 rolling subs" next season.

Thankfully they haven't adopted it for district Sunday League that i play in BUT they have done for the Saturday league.

Special teams plays are on their way as well as a lot of timewasting. For example in our recent cup final we have a player that can throw it like Delap (he can actually play football as well unlike that yokel looking t**t) - Anyway he was injured for the final with a foot injury. We could have used him for long throws each and every time the ball went out of play in the opposing half.

I am almost certain this is not going to work !!