jubilee?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Kingofstar
Interim Manager

jubilee?

Post by Kingofstar »

No.
It's not the despair, Lua Lua. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEdeKreB4w
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Re: jubilee?

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Kingofstar wrote:No.
:rofl

Where the hell did you hear that :?:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Bangkok blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Bangkok blue »

I was firmly in the no camp also ... even out here in Shanghai we have numerous Jubilee parties etc :roll: , but then there was a quote from HRH on Weibo (the Chinese equivalent of Twitter) last week:

There is no such thing as American English, only English and mistakes!

I love it, well said HRH and for that, I will raise a glass!
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Yes I jolly well do. Not a Royalist but I do like a good party and I shall shortly be leaving for my sister's who lives in Fulham right by the Thames where they've shut the road for a party. Kiddies stuff this afternoon and adults tonight. Coronation chicken, Pimms and a jazz band. Couldn't be better and then tomorrow watching the boats mustering at Putney Bridge before returning to my village where I'll do it all over again but this time with a hog roast and a memento mug. Sod the weather, we're British and we're going to use our stiff upper lips to keep dry. Luvvly Jubbly.
PUP_Macs_Wallet
Gary O'Neil

Post by PUP_Macs_Wallet »

Just had a lovely street party. Never knew half the folks there. Sun shone and I sat on a sofa in the middle of the road! Great fun was had by all. Pity about the sun burn! Even had belly dancers ..for real..there! Nope it wasn't the booze or Jack who had put on a bit!

Better the continuity of the Queen than half the jumped up presidents .. IMHO
It's me I'm Mo ...... :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 ... short for Maureen

Making stealth submissions to the The Word Association Thread since 2012
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

How about my Diamond Jubilee, I started work July 1953, just after Coronation, I`m still working. Never been out of work.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

past memories wrote:How about my Diamond Jubilee, I started work July 1953, just after Coronation, I`m still working. Never been out of work.
Wow, assuming you may have been 15 when you started work, that makes you abou 74 now, and still working? Half of me wants to congratulate you and the other half wants to commiserate you!
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Just almost 17 when I started, after leaving Southern Grammar. I haven`t finished yet, too much I want to do.
Last edited by past memories on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

past memories wrote:How about my Diamond Jubilee, I started work July 1953, just after Coronation, I`m still working. Never been out of work.
The Queen in posting on Pompey message board shocker...
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

I love the royal family and the Queen , plus I am having a GREAT day!
Had a street party this morning, golf lesson at Wimbledon Golf Club this afternoon, then a game f Tennis at Wimbledon Tennis club, a few drinks n the clubhouse followed by a BBQ in my garden with friends this evening, weather has been perfect, thank you ma'am!
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Albie McCann's Legs

Post by Albie McCann's Legs »

So are all you "republicans" going in to work on Monday & Tuesday as usual?
miltoninLA
Kev the Kitman

Post by miltoninLA »

So how much of all these celebrations is queenie paying for? Can't imagine you'd get much change out of a billion.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.
Bangkok blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Bangkok blue »

Albie McCann's Legs wrote:So are all you "republicans" going in to work on Monday & Tuesday as usual?
Yep, i will be
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

上海 Blue wrote:
Albie McCann's Legs wrote:So are all you "republicans" going in to work on Monday & Tuesday as usual?
Yep, i will be

I am on Tuesday .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
PUP_Macs_Wallet
Gary O'Neil

Post by PUP_Macs_Wallet »

miltoninLA wrote:So how much of all these celebrations is queenie paying for? Can't imagine you'd get much change out of a billion.
I love these republicans ... . so flippin miserable. No wonder they got rid of Cromwell!
It's me I'm Mo ...... :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 ... short for Maureen

Making stealth submissions to the The Word Association Thread since 2012