Passion

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Passion

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

There is a story in today's Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... inute.html

...about permission for a passion play being turned down because the the Council employee concerned thought that a passion play was some sort of sex show. I at first assumed that this was typical Daily Mail embellishment, but for once they are telling the story as it is.
Can someone explain to me how someone so mind-numbingly stupid can be assigned such an important position? The person in question is the leader of the licensing team at the Council. I can just about understand him not knowing what a passion play is (we all have embarrassing gaps in our general knowledge - for example, I've never quite worked out what a clitoris is), but to lack the intellectual nous to key a term you are unfamiliar with into Google is beyond my comprehension. Surely he should be sacked instantly on the grounds of gross stupidity? Or has reading the Daily Mail simply turned me into a Daily Mail reader?
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Passion

Post by Pompski! »

Well for starters, I wouldn't believe 1% of the tripe printed in the DM.
I am me, the universe and you.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

'Someone said to me: "You can’t hold a crucifixion these days without a licence".'

bwahahaha
Div III. Call it what it is.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I quote from the piece
A spokesman for Oxford Council said the official ‘wasn’t entirely sure’ what a Passion play was, and that it was not known whether he thought it was a sex show.
Clearly too incompetent to find out what a Passion Play is before saying no, but not necessarily stupid enough to think that a church would be staging a sex show.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour