Almost perfect set of results for today

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Almost perfect set of results for today

Post by RubiconCSL »

Just Exeter picking up a point. Wycombe drawing with N'ton was the perfect result too. Now we just have to do the business tomorrow and we are all but home and dry. Fingers crossed the full house can back the team up and get the result we need.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Almost perfect set of results for today

Post by Pompey Penguin »

..and with Torquay losing, we are definitely not going to finish last!
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Don't Wycombe play Rovers on Monday? If we win tomorrow...we will be safe as either a draw, or win for one of the teams will see the opponent 7 points behind with 2 games left.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

uspompeyfan wrote:Don't Wycombe play Rovers on Monday? If we win tomorrow...we will be safe as either a draw, or win for one of the teams will see the opponent 7 points behind with 2 games left.
I should add that Wycombe have Rochdale to play away and Rovers face in form Fleetwood...so not looking good for the loser of that one
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Yep, was just catching up with the results. Bar being picky over a point gained here or there, very good indeed. Gotta bear in mind the teams only a point or two above, and those just a couple behind. Pretty tight. Still time for 5 or 6 to be sucked in.

Really hope it is a "Sheff United" tomorrow and not an "Oxford"!!

I thought Awford spoke very well on the subject in the midweek interview at the meeting. I have long thought we (the fans) - are both part of the problem & the solution. It is unique and weird. Just a small action/thing can turn the whole mood - and it's like lighting the blue touch paper (and not).

Stockport
Sheff United
Milan

but plenty the other way round too. Got to say, it's funny how quickly (at the end of Barker's reign), the fans were quickly 're-united', and behind the management (and more importantly - the team) once again.

As he said, you really have to "get it" - and you either do or you don't (used Pulis as an example too - which I feel he was right about). Yet (looking at TP), you'd have thought we'd have made a good pair - but we didn't.

Barker at the end was a beaten man, and knew it - was why (IMHO) he wanted to go as much as we wanted him gone.

It is *such* a unique club. I don't mean that in a 'bigging us up' type way - it's all intertwined with the 'strong island' mentality and 'backs to the wall' - the densely packed population, the 'one of us' etc, etc...

I hope Awfs shows tactical nous under pressure in these last few games, then (presuming things have gone our way), gets the job. I think when we are 'high-flying' - i.e. when we were in the Prem & spending, the problem fades - but then (conversely) so does the connection with the supporters (I felt). That has to be (better) managed in the future. But then (surely) that was down to the owners.

Have just come across the article explaining that the Trust's stake is to drop below 50% with the further investment by the HNW's (needs another thread maybe). Have to admit to being in 2 minds about this, but appreciate that further money has got to come from somewhere - and better them then someone with any likeness to our former 'owners'...
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
RadioDept
Martin Kuhl

Post by RadioDept »

Agreed with all that really. Was going to comment on it all, but guess this bit is the most important.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Really hope it is a "Sheff United" tomorrow and not an "Oxford"

I'm oddly confident, perhaps worryingly so, that it won't be an Oxford United.