Tick Tock, Game 5 let's do the Jive.....

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Tick Tock, Game 5 let's do the Jive.....

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Awesome Awfs keeps on track for a simple 7 game win....

Played: 5 Won 5 Lost 0 Drawn 0 GF 11 GA 4 Points 15

Wonderful team selection, freshened the team up, good substitutions - Jeez, this man walks on water.

: Stats Interest: in just 5 games we have now scored the same number of goals that Barker/Hologram scored in 20 games. This is what man management is all about - belief, smiles and putting the swagger back to the club.....PUP
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Tick Tock, Game 5 let's do the Jive.....

Post by Earl Grey »

Thanks, Statto. When it comes to appointing a new full-time manager, Awfs is making a case more watertight than a mermaid's bra.

Here's Awford's take on it.....

http://audioboo.fm/boos/2092129-pompey- ... orthampton

Elsewhere the rumour is that Captain Dementor Doom left the ground at MK Dons weeping with his head in his hands because his plan went belly up in the last 10 minutes. He'll work on that tomorrow.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Mk will be ok ! Don't forget they're a big club !
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Norman Piper wrote:Mk will be ok ! Don't forget they're a big club !
:D Yep, *bigger* in fact..
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

backing Kevin Dillon myself... but it's rapidly becoming imossible for me and more importantly, the board, to make any kind of thoughtful, rational judgement on the matter.
There's just no argument with Awfs right now.
5 games on the bounce and league footy secured with the same squad as Captain Darkcloud!....just can't argue with that!
Maybe he needs a DOF type though....i'll leave that call to those ITK
Div III. Call it what it is.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:backing Kevin Dillon myself... but it's rapidly becoming imossible for me and more importantly, the board, to make any kind of thoughtful, rational judgement on the matter.
There's just no argument with Awfs right now.
5 games on the bounce and league footy secured with the same squad as Captain Darkcloud!....just can't argue with that!
Maybe he needs a DOF type though....i'll leave that call to those ITK
http://www.thepompeychimes.net/forum/vi ... =2&t=73154

I was a bit "d'oh!" to find out that Awfs & Dill have barely crossed in their Pompey careers. Dillon went off to Newcastle same year Awford signed pro forms. So I don't think they'll know each other (much). AA was here even younger though (pre-1989), IIRC when he made that record-breaking appearance as 'youngest ever in FA Cup proper' (aged

Dillon as #2 to Awfs would see me well chuffed. If not, then someone with just a bit of experience at League 1/2 level, older - a few good contacts & maybe a bit of reputation - again as his assistant.

I never got to know of many of the players from the Cup SF squad (Bald-Eagle's 'babes') - but Kit *was* Awfs best mate. But he seems to have his hands full (always has had whenever there's been a job down here up for grabs it seems). Academy boss at Fulham, and is an assistant to Chris Coleman for Wales.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2009/novem ... kit-symons
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

Have we got any choice? Awford is doing enough to alert plenty of other clubs to his ability and has made his ambitions clear.
Not only is he proving his credentials as a Manager he is a Pompey Fan as well. When he said in his interview how he leapt off the sofa when Northampton conceded that late,late equaliser some weeks ago says it all. Choose him or lose him.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I just get this impression from afar, that he has succeded by enormous use of "we'll fight them on the beaches" type speeches and also that Captain Darkclouds cred was by then soooo low, anyone with a good fight speech might have paid dividends. That skill can only get you so far though....you can't appeal to Pompey pride every week to get a performance.
Does he have any other kit in his locker?
I'll have to leave it to those that watch the games, the subs, the tactics etc etc to decide.

Also, you have to wonder if the board are even qualified to make the right call having screwed it up, (and screwed it up rather obviously I might add) twice already.

tbh....I'm just happy Darker has gone. I think he's the worst we have ever had.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

pompeymick wrote:Have we got any choice? Awford is doing enough to alert plenty of other clubs to his ability and has made his ambitions clear.
Not only is he proving his credentials as a Manager he is a Pompey Fan as well. When he said in his interview how he leapt off the sofa when Northampton conceded that late,late equaliser some weeks ago says it all. Choose him or lose him.
Oh absolutely agree. Awfs should get the job. Just wouldn't mind seeing him have a #2 who knows a bit also.