Youth Academy

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Re: Youth Academy

Post by BlueinMontreal »

where's the link to the poster?
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

its on here:
www.tifosy.com

Until now, fans wishing to contribute to Andy Awford’s Pompey Academy FanFunding campaign were limited to making their contributions online through the official campaign page.
However, due to overwhelming demand from Pompey Fans, it’s now possible to make your contributions offline in a number of ways.
As part of the offline initiative, there will be an increased visibility for the campaign around Fratton Park and also around Portsmouth in general.
You can find information about how you can make contributions offline detailed below.
Making an offline contribution
If you make your contribution offline, please send an email to portsmouth@tifosy.com with details of your purchase to ensure the purchase can be tracked through the system.
Between Saturday 28th June and Saturday 5th July there will also be a Pompey Academy Campaign Stand outside the ticket office for you to discuss the campaign and make your contribution.
By Cheque
Choose one (or more) of the rewards from the campaign page and write a cheque for the correct amount. Then please follow the simple instructions below:
1.Make your cheque payable to Portsmouth Community Football Club Ltd‏
2.On the reverse, please put the name you would like to appear on your certificate, your phone number, post code and rewards which you wish to purchase (including quantity). If you have an email address, please include this as well
3.Please send the cheque to:
FAO: Colin Farmery
Pompey Academy FanFunding Campaign
C/o Portsmouth Community Football Club
Fratton Park
Frogmore Road
Portsmouth
PO4 8RA
Alternatively you can deliver it personally in an envelope to the ticket office windows on Frogmore Road.
Cash
If you’d like to pay by cash, please bring it to Frogmore Road in an envelope with a note containing the following information:
•Name
•Phone number
•Email address
•Address (inc post code)
•Reward choice (and quantity)
•Name of recipient of the reward
Bank Transfer
Due to the secure nature of this, if you wish to pay by bank transfer, please email portsmouth@tifosy.com and we will respond with details on how to securely arrange this.
Buying a Season Ticket?
If you are coming to the club to buy a season ticket, you’re invited to add an additional £25 to the cost of the season ticket (the price of one more match) and it will be added to the campaign total. You will also receive a virtual certificate as a thank you. If you wish to contribute more, you are welcome, but please come prepared with details of the reward you wish to purchase.
Obviously, the simplest way to make your contribution is still via the official campaign. Simply choose your reward and pay. It’s totally secure and we don’t store your credit card details. All money received goes directly to the campaign. Click here for the campaign page
PIPED ATMOSPHERE..............SUMS UP THE WURZELS REALLY
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

tifosy update

around £1200 away from £62,500,a quarter of the way to the required total
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

Pompey fans wishing to donate towards the groundbreakingfanfunding scheme to raise cash for the club’s Academy to have their own dedicated pitches can now do so without internet access or online payments, thanks to the participation of 35 One Stop stores in and around Portsmouth.

The campaign, being run on the club’s behalf by internetstartup company Tifosy, has already raised more than £58,000 in just under two weeks since its launch by Andy Awford and Gianluca Vialli at Fratton Park. On the day of the launch One Stop representatives contacted Tifosy to say they would like to be involved as part of their Community Scheme.

Project manager for the campaign at PFC, Colin Farmery said: “From today anyone wishing to donate to the fanfunding scheme, but either doesn't have an online presence or cannot spare enough cash for one of the stated rewards, will be able to do so courtesy of the One Stop Convenience stores in the area.

“People visiting the stores will be able to purchase Pompey wristbands for a minimum donation of £2. These bands are now exclusively available for sale at participating One Stop stores.

“Fans can also purchase a virtual square metre of an academy pitch by filling in their details on a form held by the store they are in and putting their £25 in the in-store collection buckets.”

The money can be paid in cash or by a cheque payable to 'Portsmouth Community Football Club Ltd'.

The One Stop stores will also be holding raffles to raise money for the campaign, and fans can donate their spare change in the collection buckets in store.

Said LeroyMorrad of One Stop: “We have raised considerable amounts for other schemes over the years, and as soon as we heard of this campaign we wanted to be a part of it. We hope to be able to raise a considerable sum for this excellent scheme.”

The participating One Stop stores are as follows:
Highland Road, Portsmouth
Copnor Road, Portsmouth
Chichester Road, Portsmouth
Hayling Avenue, Portsmouth
London Road, Purbrook
Mill Road, Waterlooville
Botley Drive, Leigh Park
Middle Park Way, Leigh Park
Prospect Lane, West Leigh
Five Heads Road, Horndean
Hartplain Avenue, Cowplain
Ennerdale Road, Bordon
Heatherlands Parade, Headley Down
The Green, Frimley Green
Lower Farnham Road, Aldershot
Cove Road, Farnborough
Ash Street, Ash
Ansell Road, Frimley
Village Road, Alverstoke
Greyshott Avenue, Fareham
Gosport Road, Fareham
Allaway Avenue, Paulsgrove
White Hart Lane, Portchester
Leith Avenue, Portchester
Beauchamp Avenue, Rowner
Crofton Lane, Stubbington
The Square, Titchfield
Emsworth Road, Warblington
Warsash Road, Warsash
The Parade, Durlston Drive, Bognor Regis
Hawthorn Road, Bognor Regis
St Pauls Road, Chichester
New Parade, High Street, Selsey
The Broadway, Summersdale, Chichester
Tangmere Road, Tangmere
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

Pompey sponsors OneCom have set Pompey fans a challenge!

Hit the £75,000 mark in our Fan Funding appeal to build a permanent home for the Academy and they will very generously contribute £5,000!

OneCom will buy the unique Squad Member Reward, which offers the exciting opportunity for one lucky winner to be a member of Pompey's squad for the entire season, 2014/15.

Anyone who switches their mobile phone services to OneCom during July will be entered into a prize draw to win this spectacular reward!

Make your contribution today to Make It Happen
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

Tifosy- we need to raise £3,933.25 aday people........PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD PUP

this is about the whole fanbase getting involved..........get posters up in your front room window,work,car,let the masses know whats going on here
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

Tifosy facebook page - 4,745 likes

1550 donations have been made.................that's not 1550 ``donators``

some people have donated a few times FACT,so you see that out of the whole Pompey fanbase only a very small % have actually donated

at the launch event the mentality was to get a lot of people to donate a little!!!!!
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Have bought my square meter. Spread the word (etc). I think they might struggle to meet the 250k by the original deadline, but that we'll raise soon after (unless someone puts in big, that was always going to).

Nearly at 100k?
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Okay, you got me. I've bought a signed football shirt (well, I hope that's what a jersey is).

Anyone know what sizes Medium and Large equate to? I don't want to look like Al Fahim did, but I don't want it all baggy either. Any ideas peeps?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Post by BlueinMontreal »

RubiconCSL wrote:Okay, you got me. I've bought a signed football shirt (well, I hope that's what a jersey is).

Anyone know what sizes Medium and Large equate to? I don't want to look like Al Fahim did, but I don't want it all baggy either. Any ideas peeps?
Rubi From the Pompey FC site

UK XS S M L XL XXL
Chest: 34 36 38/40 42/44 46/48 50/52
Waist: 28/30 30/32 32/34 34/36 36/38 38/40
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:I think they might struggle to meet the 250k by the original deadline......

Nearly at 100k?
Inclined to agree. The initial surge was impressive, but it has definitely slowed to a trickle now. This begs two questions...

1) What happens to the cash if they don't raise the full amount needed?

2) How often are the fans to be expected to dip into their pockets to fund one project or another?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:I think they might struggle to meet the 250k by the original deadline......

Nearly at 100k?
Inclined to agree. The initial surge was impressive, but it has definitely slowed to a trickle now. This begs two questions...

1) What happens to the cash if they don't raise the full amount needed?

2) How often are the fans to be expected to dip into their pockets to fund one project or another?
Send me $25 and i'll let you know.
Div III. Call it what it is.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Send me $25 and i'll let you know.
A Czech is in the post :wink:
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Pretty sure they said they the money would go as far as it could at the time.

Think how much further we would be on if we hadn't paid two fees
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Pompey1985 wrote:Pretty sure they said they the money would go as far as it could at the time.

Think how much further we would be on if we hadn't paid two fees
The two fees for players (Atanaga & Dunne?) - or the two 'pay-off' fees for Whittingham & Barker... (@ 1 year each of a rolling contract)?
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP