Le Tour...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Le Tour...

Post by Pompey1985 »

Should be an interesting stage today, some tricky climbs.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Re: Le Tour...

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Pompey1985 wrote:Should be an interesting stage today, some tricky climbs.
Yorkshire did us proud - one of the great sporting institutions wordwide and watched by the biggest crowds the Tour has ever seen. The countryside looked magnificent and the riders as ever 'la crème de la creme'. Sad about Cav though - awful fall!
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Went right past our flat in Stratford today. Of course, I was at work so missed it. I couldn't even watch it on ITV live, as I was in a bl**dy meeting :(
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

RubiconCSL wrote:Went right past our flat in Stratford today. Of course, I was at work so missed it. I couldn't even watch it on ITV live, as I was in a bl**dy meeting :(
How is Stratford nowadays, Rubes? Is it 'post-Olympic gentrifying at high speed' or is it still 'a normal East End neighbourhood with a big building site at one end'?
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Went right past our flat in Stratford today. Of course, I was at work so missed it. I couldn't even watch it on ITV live, as I was in a bl**dy meeting :(
How is Stratford nowadays, Rubes? Is it 'post-Olympic gentrifying at high speed' or is it still 'a normal East End neighbourhood with a big building site at one end'?
Defo 'post Olympics gentrifying at high speed' - filmed down there 3 weeks ago and you wouldn't recognize the place!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Should be an interesting stage today, some tricky climbs.
Yorkshire did us proud - one of the great sporting institutions wordwide and watched by the biggest crowds the Tour has ever seen. The countryside looked magnificent and the riders as ever 'la crème de la creme'. Sad about Cav though - awful fall!
Glad its all over now... Work has been hectic because of it. Dread to think how much it all cost.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

As drivers, we can all go back to hating cyclists now.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

T.D.F? more like T.D.S. :roll:
I am me, the universe and you.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well it's obviously improved greatly, with my arrival :) I didn't really know it pre-Olympics, but there is clearly a huge amount of new devlopment, with much more still underway. I really like the place. It was a gamble buying there, but for me was a gamble buying anywhere in London, as I really don't know the place, or the various areas. Prices seem to be going up silly amounts; Zoopla prices it 20% up on last year! I guess, as with any big city, there will be parts of it that are unsavoury, but I haven't found any yet. I never feel threatened, the shops are great, plenty of eating places, pubs etc. and fortunately, as well as the luxury shops in Westfield, there's also plenty of Poundlands ot balance that :)
Defo 'post Olympics gentrifying at high speed' - filmed down there 3 weeks ago and you wouldn't recognize the place!
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well it's obviously improved greatly, with my arrival :) I didn't really know it pre-Olympics, but there is clearly a huge amount of new devlopment, with much more still underway. I really like the place. It was a gamble buying there, but for me was a gamble buying anywhere in London, as I really don't know the place, or the various areas. Prices seem to be going up silly amounts; Zoopla prices it 20% up on last year! I guess, as with any big city, there will be parts of it that are unsavoury, but I haven't found any yet. I never feel threatened, the shops are great, plenty of eating places, pubs etc. and fortunately, as well as the luxury shops in Westfield, there's also plenty of Poundlands ot balance that :)
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

RubiconCSL wrote:Well it's obviously improved greatly, with my arrival :) I didn't really know it pre-Olympics, but there is clearly a huge amount of new devlopment, with much more still underway. I really like the place. It was a gamble buying there, but for me was a gamble buying anywhere in London, as I really don't know the place, or the various areas. Prices seem to be going up silly amounts; Zoopla prices it 20% up on last year! I guess, as with any big city, there will be parts of it that are unsavoury, but I haven't found any yet. I never feel threatened, the shops are great, plenty of eating places, pubs etc. and fortunately, as well as the luxury shops in Westfield, there's also plenty of Poundlands ot balance that :)
Alright mate. Don't go on about it....

London prices are indeed insane but while I very much pity first time buyers, I am so very happy to be on the ladder (well, more like 'escalator travelling at warp-speed'). I saw a news report the other day which said the increase was 26% over the last 12 months. My teeny-tiny hutch in Greenwich has gone up by nearly 70% in the past four years alone...which is a good thing as it's this consultant's pension.

Not sure what this new '4.5 x earnings' limit is going to do to the market, especially as mortgage applicants have already had to meet stringent disposable income requirements.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Not too worried about selling here, more for renting as part of my pension. Being a country oik, I can't believe prices nor rentals in this fair city. One can only hope they continue. My only regret was not buying two flats in the building when we bought. The rental would more than pay for the mortgage, plus the rediculous climb in prices. Still, hindsight is a wonderful thing no? I should be happy we bought two years back - probably wouldn't entertain the idea now.
RubiconCSL wrote:Well it's obviously improved greatly, with my arrival :) I didn't really know it pre-Olympics, but there is clearly a huge amount of new devlopment, with much more still underway. I really like the place. It was a gamble buying there, but for me was a gamble buying anywhere in London, as I really don't know the place, or the various areas. Prices seem to be going up silly amounts; Zoopla prices it 20% up on last year! I guess, as with any big city, there will be parts of it that are unsavoury, but I haven't found any yet. I never feel threatened, the shops are great, plenty of eating places, pubs etc. and fortunately, as well as the luxury shops in Westfield, there's also plenty of Poundlands ot balance that :)
Alright mate. Don't go on about it....

London prices are indeed insane but while I very much pity first time buyers, I am so very happy to be on the ladder (well, more like 'escalator travelling at warp-speed'). I saw a news report the other day which said the increase was 26% over the last 12 months. My teeny-tiny hutch in Greenwich has gone up by nearly 70% in the past four years alone...which is a good thing as it's this consultant's pension.

Not sure what this new '4.5 x earnings' limit is going to do to the market, especially as mortgage applicants have already had to meet stringent disposable income requirements.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I'll never own a property.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Pompey1985 wrote:I'll never own a property.
Seems nigh on impossible unless you have parents to help or a rich partner.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Froome out.