Whatever next??

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Whatever next??

Post by Milkins »

The Hitachi Bum Wiper??

Whatever happened to walking?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28353491
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Re: Whatever next??

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Talking of laziness...

..you know those moving walkways at airports? And you know those lazy people who just dump their luggage on them and don't move, blocking the way for everyone else? Is it just me who thinks that the world would be a much better place if it were legal to shoot these people?
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Yet another step closer to....

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Talking of laziness...

..you know those moving walkways at airports? And you know those lazy people who just dump their luggage on them and don't move, blocking the way for everyone else? Is it just me who thinks that the world would be a much better place if it were legal to shoot these people?
I always come rushing up and have them move out of the way of my trolley, even if I am in no hurry.

It's the only way they'll learn.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Pompski! »

I want a personal hovercraft.
I am me, the universe and you.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

They're definitely in the queue to be shot. First up is the women (and men) who bling up like Mr T because they're taking a flight, and usually in economy. Then we watch as they slowly dismantle themselves before going through the metal detector. Which then goes off because 'I forgot this one'. Beepbeepbeep. 'And that one'. Now we wait for the body search. But now it gets really frustrating as they slowly put everything back on, while blocking everyone else from going through. They'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes. In the meantime, I'd make them strip down and put on a skanky t-shirt and sweatpants from unclaimed luggage for the entire flight.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Pompski! wrote:I want a personal hovercraft.

Just sit on and fart into a punctured hot water bottle.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Weybridge wrote:

They're definitely in the queue to be shot. First up is the women (and men) who bling up like Mr T because they're taking a flight, and usually in economy. Then we watch as they slowly dismantle themselves before going through the metal detector. Which then goes off because 'I forgot this one'. Beepbeepbeep. 'And that one'. Now we wait for the body search. But now it gets really frustrating as they slowly put everything back on, while blocking everyone else from going through. They'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes. In the meantime, I'd make them strip down and put on a skanky t-shirt and sweatpants from unclaimed luggage for the entire flight.
There will always be somebody on an aeroplane who is determined to stand up until the last possible moment, not giving a care how many people he (it's always a he) annoys. He'd be towards the front of your queue, too.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:

I always come rushing up and have them move out of the way of my trolley, even if I am in no hurry.

What's the point of them? So you can get to your gate 3 minutes earlier? It's a stupid invention though not as stupid as Milkins' sit on thing (ooh er mister!). Seems a bit insulting to people in wheelchairs who have no choice.
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:

What's the point of them? So you can get to your gate 3 minutes earlier? It's a stupid invention though not as stupid as Milkins' sit on thing (ooh er mister!). Seems a bit insulting to people in wheelchairs who have no choice.

I prefer to think it gives you 3 more minutes in the bar...
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Far Post Brisley »

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote:The Hitachi Bum Wiper??

Whatever happened to walking?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28353491

Quote from The Simpsons
Ed Begley. Jr.: I prefer a vehicle that doesn't hurt Mother Earth. It's a go-cart, powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction. (attaches helmet and drives off)

https://www.facebook.com/BestSimpsons/p ... nt_count=1
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"