ISIS

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

ISIS

Post by Portchester PFC »

I wonder how long the rest of the world are going to stand and let this continue for ?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... m-mosul-un

I am wondering if they are waiting for the ISIS boys to set up their own caliphate and when they are all in one place wipe it clean off the face of the earth????

I am not a big fan of these wars on terror as they have mostly shown that de-stabilising a country has a worse affect then rule under an iron fist, but i think this is moving on completely different levels. Do we think that once they set up their caliphate that they will just stop and stay there, i doubt it very much.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: ISIS

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Looks like a fake story.
God our press is soooo **** anymore.
Pirnt first then check FACTS later.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Looks like a fake story.
God our press is soooo **** anymore.
Pirnt first then check FACTS later.
Thats alright then, the terrorists who kill for fun have said they did not say that, fine by me...

Either way, outside of this story the developement of ISIS in that region is very concerning as i am sure they will not say put once they are established themselves.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

This post is worth sharing from a Brummie MB I use re an ISIS discussion by a poster I respect:

1. every major islamic organisation in the world has condemned ISIS / ISIL / IS / BS .... so the first thing to establish is that this isnt an islamic organisation, or having the support ideologically of the muslims. or rooted in any traditional or normative islamic understanding. Its a power play and BS are using a certain language and environment to mask its overall aims, which is the pursuit, and consolidation of power. Its a group so extreme it executes Al Qaeeda members for being 'saft'. That should tell you what its really about.

2. The whole world condemns this idiocy, targeting a Christian Minority, however long before they did that they were executing traditional SUNNI Muslims in Syria, as they regard the vast majority of SUNNI (sufi) Muslims as heretics, let alone the Shia. So where was the outrage then? By our Christian poster/(poser?)? Are Christian lives more valuable than the Sunni and Shia lives taken by BS, or the churches more valuable than the Sunni Shrines and Shia Mosques and Shrines destroyed by BS in their wake of terror and destruction, in the eyes of certain so called Chrisitians? That's a rhetorical question btw.

3. Blame - the rise of ISIS/ISIL/IS or BS is directly linked to the destabilisation of Iraq, and the sectarian war that followed. Abu Bakr al Bagdadi was a commander in the Iraqi resistance, and spent time in American custody. He was forged in the war of sectarian barabarism unleashed by the toppling of a dictator and the dismantling of the state. A Baathist run, sunni ruled state was handed to the Shia and Iran by proxy, the army police and civil service disbanded. Does it take a genius to work out the Sunnis were going to resist and try to consolidate their own power they had just been robbed of. There is a direct link between the two events. Toppling and aftermath of invasion and rise of extreme sectarian groups.

On a strategic and political level those the initiated the invasion, mismanaged the aftermath bear direct responsibility. They were interested in Oil and Smashing a man who no longer wanted to play ball...they ended up smashing sykes picot too.

4. - No one absolves the BS fighters and supporters of personal responsibility. In Islam there is no, 'I was following orders', or 'God will find his own' ...every injustice every untoward action will be accounted for. But how would a ideologically blinded brummie idiot know that??

5. Many a young fool in this city supported the communists, Stalinists maoists and those evil capitalists, when they get a little older, have a few kids, get a mortgage they normally calm down...maoists, communists, islamists all of them.

6. Possibly the most important aspect that people haven't picked up on. BS are masters of propaganda, they have mastered the use of social media, and propaganda and managed to out manoeuvre all their local rivals. Just like the call to a global chaliphate by a man who until two weeks ago wasn't even known to his local commanders was a political ploy. so is this, it plays into his propaganda machine, and locally to nutters like him, and international to the Christian and post Christian world, also whilst they are being pillored for being Silent on Gaza and out of the news due to Ukraine and Gaza..this is a way to stay relevant and radical.

Abu Bakr and Baghdadi is using Minority Christians for political point scoring, in the same way Gove was using islamaphobia and Muslims for political point scoring , hopefully like Gove Al baghdadi will be reshuffled too, but in a more permanent way.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Can't disagree with any of that LIT, an excellent post by whoever posted it and i am sure 99% of the Muslms in the UK agree, but there does seem to be a minority that believe this to be their calling, this is worrying as there is clearly some very effecive infiltration in the Muslim community to lead them down such a path, take the Birmingham schools for example, if even some of the stuff coming out of these reports is accurate it is shocking that this is allowed to happen in any school anywhere, let alone in the UK.

I am just suprised by the lack of international action over this ? We went to war in Iraq and Libya and as the post above clearly states de-stabilised a stable (albeit not ideal, we, far from ideal but stable) government/leadership and walked away without a care in the world but now we are seeing a much more real threat potentially developing in a region and nobody is doing anything about it, not even verbally challeging it so it seems ??
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Sorry, LiT, "ISIS", "ISIL" and "IS" i understand. But what is "BS"?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

the_lock_man wrote:Sorry, LiT, "ISIS", "ISIL" and "IS" i understand. But what is "BS"?
I've asked myself.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Lost in Transportation wrote:
the_lock_man wrote:Sorry, LiT, "ISIS", "ISIL" and "IS" i understand. But what is "BS"?
I've asked myself.
Well, obviously you are full of BS. :D :wink: but I didn't think that was right, contextually.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

the_lock_man wrote:
Lost in Transportation wrote:
I've asked myself.
Well, obviously you are full of BS. :D :wink: but I didn't think that was right, contextually.
Well yes obviously... :D

The poster in question has used BS on more than one occasion to describe a faction in the region. Hopefully they will enlighten me on what group they are referring to.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

BS is a mocking term for IS (islamic state).
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Lost in Transportation wrote:BS is a mocking term for IS (islamic state).
Ah, OK.