Ebola!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Re: Ebola!

Post by uspompeyfan »

Pompey1985 wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote: That's true. Perhaps you have to isolate everyone travelignf from the infected region for 3 weeks. If nobody from that flight shows synpons there free to go.

I honestly think its getting to the stage it needs drastic action.

I think its the event that has concerned me most since I've been alive.
Bloomin eck, Pompey 1985 and USPF in full agreement mode ...... see, there is something that can cross the political divide :shock: (and the Atlantic from Africa too)
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Here's the thing....we quarantine cats and dogs ffs....for months!....based on the miniscule chance they might have rabies.
But hey.....deadly disease.....come on in!....but hey do us a favor and call if you get sick.
The whole premise of containment ignores human nature. If I'm in the ebola zone and I feel sick....the absolute last place I'm going is the hospital! I might not have ebola but if I go to the hospital I surely will!
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Meanwhile, Kids Rule 2: Govts are incompetent.... is proved as Spain kills the nurses dog
Div III. Call it what it is.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Meanwhile, Kids Rule 2: Govts are incompetent....
:thumb

USPF agrees with both Pompey 1985 and Cinci in the same thread....... twilight zone time.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

On the subject of Ebola, has anyone seen the news this morning about the 9 year old Kofi Mason-Sesay who is not allowed to attend primary school in Stockport even though he and his mother (who have just returned from Sierra Leone) have been tested for the virus and given the all clear? Ignorance or common sense?
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Selsey Bill wrote:On the subject of Ebola, has anyone seen the news this morning about the 9 year old Kofi Mason-Sesay who is not allowed to attend primary school in Stockport even though he and his mother (who have just returned from Sierra Leone) have been tested for the virus and given the all clear? Ignorance or common sense?
I didn't know they had schools that side of the Pennines.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:On the subject of Ebola, has anyone seen the news this morning about the 9 year old Kofi Mason-Sesay who is not allowed to attend primary school in Stockport even though he and his mother (who have just returned from Sierra Leone) have been tested for the virus and given the all clear? Ignorance or common sense?
I didn't know they had schools that side of the Pennines.
BEHAVE!
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Fear...
Attachments
spiders.jpg
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Weybridge wrote:Fear...
Brilliant - but surely they could have got obese teenage mothers into that headline?
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
Weybridge wrote:Fear...
Brilliant - but surely they could have got obese teenage mothers into that headline?
How do you think the spiders were incubated?
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Here`s a thought, can`t we get some Liberians into ISIS ?
The Beautiful Game
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by The Beautiful Game »

How long before the EDL attack / protest against an Ibis by mistake ?
“To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"
JB Priestly 1929
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

past memories wrote:Here`s a thought, can`t we get some Liberians into ISIS ?
I thought you wrote Librarians.... was wondering why for a while before i re-read it...... but still found it amusing
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Seems strange to me that such a deadly virus hasn't led to the countries involved being sort of locked down as in no travel abroad until its brought under control. Really putting far too many lives @ risk by having few travel restrictions. I hope the WHO can sort this out because it sounds horrific & the countries involved don't appear geared up to cope. I'm no expert but leaving bodies leaking bodily fluids on pavements sounds like a recipe for total disaster. In situations like this I'd have thought, religious beliefs & n.o.k wishes withstanding, cremation should be taking place asap.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

pompeygunner wrote:Seems strange to me that such a deadly virus hasn't led to the countries involved being sort of locked down as in no travel abroad until its brought under control. Really putting far too many lives @ risk by having few travel restrictions. I hope the WHO can sort this out because it sounds horrific & the countries involved don't appear geared up to cope. I'm no expert but leaving bodies leaking bodily fluids on pavements sounds like a recipe for total disaster. In situations like this I'd have thought, religious beliefs & n.o.k wishes withstanding, cremation should be taking place asap.
Probably political correctness has something to do with it...... maybe, because the infected countries have people that, due to their geographical location, have naturally darker skinned inhabitants than those of more European and North American countries. In this case, any actions taken against said countries might be considered racially motivated. Thus, to show that all nationalities and ethnicities should have equal rights to suffering from this virus, it is deeemed correct to keep the borders open.