Pitch Inspection

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Pitch Inspection

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

I'll be taking my first look at the new pitch this afternoon :wink:

PUP PPU!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Pitch Inspection

Pitch looked great :thumb
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Paul Jones was excellent, a really commanding display and deserved the MotM award.

Jack Whatmough, very good performance and one exceptional block/tackle that almost certainly saved a goal. Looks a real talent.

Miles Storey - shame the loan is only a month as he looks a cut above.

Ryan Taylor - best I've seen him play (which granted is not too often).

Adam Webster - Not sure where his head was today but it certainly wasn't at Fratton Park. Looked like he'd never seen a football before and the second yellow was absolutely stupid (felt sorry for Atangana as he was doing well until having to be sacrificed after Webster's red card).

Take the 3 points, be grateful and move on.
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

I thought Storey was here for a season.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Miles Storey - shame the loan is only a month as he looks a cut above.
You'll be pleased to know we've got him for the season Sherl 8)
It's Paul Robinson we only have for a month (at the moment)

I thought Storey was even better last Tuesday evening. Jed could learn a thing or two from him.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Delighted to stand corrected, particularly as that means he's not merely playing in the hope of catching the eye of a League 1 scout.

Any idea how long Foggy is out for? Get him fit and I think we'll do well this season.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Think Foggy (a big miss) is out for a good few months - not sure which knee ligament he's done, but Awfs does seem to keep his cards close to his chest on injuries. Saying that, this is a biggie for Wes, and AA is keen to keep him involved & monitored (etc), after his own injury problems.

Doesn't seem that long ago I was reading on the back of the 'Mirror' that Chelsea were linked to a (several) millon pound move for Awford. After the Cup heroics of 1992, but before he broke his leg of course.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Think Foggy (a big miss) is out for a good few months - not sure which knee ligament he's done, but Awfs does seem to keep his cards close to his chest on injuries. Saying that, this is a biggie for Wes, and AA is keen to keep him involved & monitored (etc), after his own injury problems.

Doesn't seem that long ago I was reading on the back of the 'Mirror' that Chelsea were linked to a (several) millon pound move for Awford. After the Cup heroics of 1992, but before he broke his leg of course.
I reckon Foggy could be out for most of the season. Knee ligaments are usually a minimum of 6-9 months. Shame as we will miss him. However, we have ample cover in Hollands, Dunne and Atangana
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Selsey Bill wrote:I reckon Foggy could be out for most of the season. Knee ligaments are usually a minimum of 6-9 months. Shame as we will miss him. However, we have ample cover in Hollands, Dunne and Atangana
Yep, deffo a fans' favourite. Great engine & adapted well. I couldn't find which knee ligament he'd done - or whether a tear or not. Got a feeling that it's one of the bigger one's - if not the cruciate, then think it may be the medial.

Swear I read somewhere that he *isn't* in a brace, but not being a Dr, don't know if that's good or bad! We do have cover, but he's different again (good for the 'quick tempo'/great engine). I wonder where Westcarr and Storey will end up playing? Then again, they're interchangeable, and interesting that Atangana was furthest forward (pre-Webster). Pace or height (etc). Agyemang the only real 'like for like' for Taylor, though the latter has seemed to have flourished here.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP