Extra Time

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Extra Time

Post by Earl Grey »

I noticed that Fergie's influence is still strong at Man U (v Swans). I think it was 4 minutes extra time but the ref played around 6 !!
Where did he get that extra couple of minutes from?

We had five minutes of extra time yesterday - for what?
Is it 30 seconds per substitution that's added on?
Do they add all substitutions extras on at the end or do they add those done before the break onto the first half?

I think it's about time we had a big public clock at football matches with countdown mode. So it counts down from 45 first half, if the ref wants to add on extras then it's such a trifling technical exercise to give him that ability from where he is....or he could signal to the 4th official to do it - then everyone can see if he's being fair or not.

I've no problem if he added a minute or two extra because Pompey were being a bit sluggish at goal kicks etc but it'd be nice to see it and a wake-up to the players intent on doing that kind of thing.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Extra Time

Post by Selsey Bill »

As far as I am aware, 30 seconds stoppage time is given for each substitution, and each yellow and red card. At the referee's discretion, they will also give extra stoppage time for a substituted player walking very slowly off, for excessive time spent celebrating a goal (which we certainly did with Taylor's yesterday) and for physios coming on, GKs taking time to take goal kicks, etc. There were 4 minutes of stoppage time in the first half yesterday and 5 minutes for the second half. That's an extra 10% played on top of the 90. I suppose you could say we got value for money ;-)
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Re: Extra Time

Post by ddavis »

It's incredible how because it's Utd people ignore the obvious.

As the board went up, A Swansea player (the ex spurs one) was holding his shin. When he saw 4
Minutes he proceeded to spend almost the next 2 on the floor.

So it became 6.