Leeds Utd....

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Leeds Utd....

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:In FACT, I'm gonna check my FACTS with Mr Kid senior....though I suppose I should wait until tomorrow as its quite late there.
As a bizarre coincidence, (had a few lately)....he is currently living on a yacht in Gosport of the same name as the one I just mentioned....except it has II at the end.
Yes. yes....I know ya'll have been waiting with baited breath, under terror alert maximus, no doubt rationed to 1 lump in yer tea, for PROOF of the mandela effect ...but alas my dates were off. Posted to Gib 75/76 and old man pre-tripped in 74 and thus ...Revie.
Please go back to your air raid shelters.....nothing to see here.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Dave wrote:Vince Hilaire does DJ nights and is a regular in the Auckland pub under the moniker The Fresh Vince of Hilaire. He has a group of similarly aged male groupies.
Not sure if he is still with her, but met VH's wife at Glorious Goodwood a few years ago- lovely.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Pompey Dave wrote:Vince Hilaire does DJ nights and is a regular in the Auckland pub under the moniker The Fresh Vince of Hilaire. He has a group of similarly aged male groupies.
Not sure if he is still with her, but met VH's wife at Glorious Goodwood a few years ago- lovely.
I am sure he is still with her does not stop the group of worshipping men of a certain age being slightly amusing.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

He was an exciting player, but 'worship' isn't a word I'd use...

...probably the novelty wore off after carrying him out of Martines over my shoulder some 25 years ago. 8) (Yes, I did put him down when we got outside, no - I didn't take him home, lol)

Still, he was a good signing, and a good winger. Part of Venables' "Team of the Eighties"? IIRC, he scored 2 goals in 1 game, not long after signing (one a diving header?) maybe v Brentford, not sure. 2v2 draw anyway.

I remember Dillon said he wouldn't have scored even half the penalties he did, if Vince Hilaire hadn't won 'em first. Shame that side showed it's age by that 87/88 season - maybe Bally could've given the XI that went up more of a go, but some were getting on a bit.

Ian Baird - oh well. He did have a good scoring record (*before*), and wasn't that much money. All over after Deacon sold Kennedy to Bradford (who? - 2nd division then), after we beat them down the road 2v0 at the Dell.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Blakey still involved with the England youth (schools to U16) side of things, AFAIK.
Blake has left the FA, now working at Blackpool.
Ah right, bit of an 'uncertain atmosphere' there (ATM, to say the least). I hope he goes to good things, had a good reputation as a coach of the youngsters it would seem.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Ah right, bit of an 'uncertain atmosphere' there (ATM, to say the least). I hope he goes to good things, had a good reputation as a coach of the youngsters it would seem.
There's been a bit of a change-round at the FA as both Noel Blake and Kenny Swain left this summer.

Blake has a bit of a challenge as 1st team coach at Blackpool. Hope he has a contract now: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-6719519
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:Yep, they were both there at the same time for a while, Blakey & Vince.

Haven't heard anything about/from Vince Hilaire for a while, anybody know anything? (Did a bit of 'ambassadorial' work for the club for a bit - this followed giving coaching a go - but was a long time ago). But Knightsie doing that - along with Linvoy now. Anybody know what he's up to :?:

Blakey still involved with the England youth (schools to U16) side of things, AFAIK.
seen him dashing in and out of FP at game day in a suit , no idea what he's doing there though