Missing child - urgent

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Missing child - urgent

Post by pompeygunner »

What The Cincinnati Kidd said.
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
~blue~ wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:Can this be locked please MODS .
Why?
Because IMHO this is a very emotive subject and I didn't feel any of us really have

A - The facts .

B - are in any position to question medical experts .

C - all the People with hindsight are crawling out of the woodwork ( Ziggy excluded ) .

He has been found , that is all I wanted .

And that was all the OP wanted as well I would imagine .

It should be locked .

If anyone with a fantastic medical knowledge wants to start another one about Medical facts , please feel free , or perhaps one about Morals as well eh :!: :!: :!:
That's just not fair Jasp, I expect better from your good self as well.

Hampshire Police acted on the information afforded to them by the Hospital. I agree with their sentiment of "better to be OTT than defending the death of a child".

However, when it became apparent that all of the "worries" of Southampton General were completely unfounded (like no batteries, no food etc) they should have left them to seek the treatment they want.

The man is offering to sell his house to pay for it, so they're obviously quite serious about it.

And yet we STILL have a situation where a poorly child is currently in a foreign country under police guard whilst his parents are incarcerated for doing exactly what I'd have done if I was in that position. And I find that incredibly difficult to swallow.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Funny how things work. We have officials in Rotherham turning a blind eye to horrific abuse of children for years. Whereas here we have parents seeking better care for their child found within a couple of days and put in prison.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

It is a bit crazy; parents wanting the best for their children - what were they thinking! It's not as if we ever hear about mis-diagnosis is it?

I'm sure that once politicians (all sides) realize there is kudos to be had by supporting the parents (as seems to be the growing case), they'll all be putting their oars in and the parents will be re-united. I can't see why they should be prosecuted. It's about time more people did their own homework, rather than just blindly trust so called experts.

I do hope it all ends up well in the end - for all involved.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
JenniTalia
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by JenniTalia »

I still cannot comprehend what they have been arrested for?
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. – Aboriginal proverb.
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

JenniTalia wrote:I still cannot comprehend what they have been arrested for?
Neglect, I believe.

But it's all (seemingly) based on the word of the doctor who decided they were in the wrong.

Then the press were leaked information to make it sounds like they'd taken him off to die somewhere (the evening news had a story implying that because they were Jehovas Witnesses, they'd not approve of medicine).

Most of this wasn't true and I'd be interested to know where they got all that from too...
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Ashya King's parents to face no action, says CPS:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29036154
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Interesting twist. Seems the family have lived in Spain for over 10 years.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/the-i ... 51166.html
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Interesting twist. Seems the family have lived in Spain for over 10 years.

What a very unpleasant useless piece of journalism!
travellingpompey
Paul Merson

Post by travellingpompey »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
No Shot Sherlock wrote:Interesting twist. Seems the family have lived in Spain for over 10 years.

I agree, I read it and thought better of posting my first reaction.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever even tried.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

Norman Piper wrote:Funny how things work. We have officials in Rotherham turning a blind eye to horrific abuse of children for years. Whereas here we have parents seeking better care for their child found within a couple of days and put in prison.

couldn't agree more - its a shocking story of parents doing the best for the kid, good to see Cameron keep mentioning his lost kid for political reasons though
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:

Yes, it is a rather spiteful article, isn't it, seemingly written by a neighbour who quite obviously didn't get on with the family. But another report coming out of Spain suggests that Ashya's original diagnosis was made there, so presumably the family felt he would receive better treatment here in the UK than he'd have got there - which now seems somewhat ironic given their condemnation of those who were caring for him.

Like everyone else, I sincerely hope that Ashya gets the best treatment possible and goes on to make a full recovery, but I happen to believe he was getting that in Southampton. The media coverage has been very one-sided, with little or no mention of statements coming out of the hospital. For example, I understand that it has been said that his case was referred to the Proton Beam centre in the US where the NHS currently sends similar cases for treatment, but that he didn't fit the criteria for such treatment (though please don't ask me what that actually means as I really don't know).

Of course, you may all think I'm biased due to my involvement with Smile4Wessex, but that is why I have said nothing on this thread since posting the original appeal to help find him. But with the parents making emotive statements such as 'they were trying to kill my child in Southampton, or turn him into a vegetable' (clearly not true), my worry is that there will be parents of similarly afflicted children across the UK who may now believe that their child will be better served by whisking them off to a private clinic in Prague.

The risk of taking him in the way they did was not merely the possibility of the battery of a feeding device running flat, but what if Ashya had choked, or if his health had deteriorated as they were mid-Channel or somewhere en route across France & Spain? If he'd died and the hospital/police had done nothing there would have been a huge (and justifiable) outcry. They were damned if they did, and damned if they didn't.

I'm sure, with the benefit of hindsight, all sides could have done things differently, but what was done was, in my humble opinion, done with the best interests of the patient in mind.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:I'm sure, with the benefit of hindsight, all sides could have done things differently, but what was done was, in my humble opinion, done with the best interests of the patient in mind.
This has always been the police's mantras and I'm afraid I just can't agree with it. The moment we became aware that the child was safe in Spain, the arrest warrant should have been rescinded; instead, the actions of the authorities at this stage were the exact opposite of "in the best interests of Ayesha". I suspect there has been dishonesty from all three participants in this sad affair, but only one participant has been acting consistently in the interests of Ayesha - his family. I can forgive his family for errors of judgement as I doubt I'd be acting logically if my child's life were in danger; the police and the hospital have no such excuse, their actions lacked both professionalism and compassion.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:I suspect there has been dishonesty from all three participants in this sad affair, but only one participant has been acting consistently in the interests of Ayesha - his family.
I'm sure they believed they were too, but the FACTS suggest otherwise.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:I suspect there has been dishonesty from all three participants in this sad affair, but only one participant has been acting consistently in the interests of Ayesha - his family.
I'm sure they believed they were too, but the FACTS suggest otherwise.
I suspect you've missed my point - I can accept that the family made mistakes, I can't accept the mistakes made by the police ad the hospital.