Who Do You Thing You Are

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Who Do You Thing You Are

Post by Portchester PFC »

Did anyone watch last nights one ?

I normally enjoy watching this as it shows some really interesting historical links to peoples families etc, the Brian Blessed one the other week was really interesting.

Last nights was completely different, it was the bloke who does Mrs Browns Boys (cant stand the program incidentally, but this has nothing to do with that) and it was all about the search for his grandfathers killer in Dublin, nothing about his family history other than that single event and appeared to be a witch hunt in my view.

I am not condoning what happened but it was a remarkably one sided event to say the least. Hopefully they go back to the previous format.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Who Do You Thing You Are

Post by Weybridge »

Apparently both Cherie Blair and Michael Parkinson's episodes had to be cancelled due to an absolute lack of any historical interest!
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
JenniTalia
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Who Do You Thing You Are

Post by JenniTalia »

Portchester PFC wrote:Did anyone watch last nights one ?

I normally enjoy watching this as it shows some really interesting historical links to peoples families etc, the Brian Blessed one the other week was really interesting.

Last nights was completely different, it was the bloke who does Mrs Browns Boys (cant stand the program incidentally, but this has nothing to do with that) and it was all about the search for his grandfathers killer in Dublin, nothing about his family history other than that single event and appeared to be a witch hunt in my view.

I am not condoning what happened but it was a remarkably one sided event to say the least. Hopefully they go back to the previous format.
Yeah I watched last night's show. Thought some of the links they made were very tenuous to say the least.
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. – Aboriginal proverb.