Bugger!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Bugger!

Post by RubiconCSL »

Would you believe it; just like London buses. You don't see an AA defeat for 5 months and then you see two in one week!

Still in the play off position though and a long way to go. At least we can see just how good Stoke are after they beat Citeh away; 3-0 at the Potteries doesn't sound so bad either.

So, brush that one under the carpet and let's move on. Hopefully the match reports won't be too painful.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Bugger!

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Priorities will come to the fore and narrow what we need to do to press on. Weren't at the races today (apparently), but then we weren't at Oxford.

3-5-2 looks good (sometimes), but not so clever without a right wing-back. I think Awfs has chosen between that and the 4-2-3-1 on a game by game basis. Have a couple of little riddles still to solve. How to accommodate Westcarr, Taylor AND Storey, and also Atangana with Dunne & Hollands holding.

Wynter can be a right wingback (though not sure he's ready), but not sure about Webster there, and Joe Devera is fine on right side of a 3, but not as the wingback. Dunne is a must for the holding (I think), but is Hollands too deep? Might even see 4-4-2 tried again.

Reality check doesn't hurt, and we were due this one, after some good luck (esp at Oxford). Haven't been that 'fluid' yet. Like to see Wallace able to run at people, and Westcarr seems to have the scoring touch, but Taylor needed to trouble most big defences.

Awfs will sort it. I don't think we need to bring anyone in - unless a RWB became available!
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

We could play 4-4-2?
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:We could play 4-4-2?
Yep, meant to say that I think it could/should be tried (again). He's reverted to it a couple of times hasn't he? Good if we can play all 3, but of the systems to fit the players we have, that could well be the one - with Devera at RB, Wallace & Holmes wide (Barcham back-up), and 2 out of Taylor, Westcarr & Storey dependent on opposition/form etc. Dunne & Hollands leaves Atangana for impact/cover. Least players slightly out of position for starters, and gives back-up. He can still rotate the players. I suppose it's been important on fitness and also not wanting to be "pinned" as predictable.

Would half expect him to give that a go at Yeovil. One thing I've wondered (but would he be wasted?), is what Atangana would be like at RWB? ..certainly has the 'engine'.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

listened in so lacking cred.
Sounded like Newport came to town with a solid Div 4 away plan.....play no football, kick the other guys a lot and waste beaucoup time.
They executed perfectly.
We had a couple o chances but didn't take them and paid for it.

Predict all comments on back from the game will say: ....and once again, the ref was appalling....

He let them kick us off the park in the 1st then overdid it in the 2nd.

Anyhoo....not too much to take from this one, it was their day today but we'd have beat them with the same game on most days.

Thought Sir Andy a bit late with his subs today
Div III. Call it what it is.