Advantages of getting rid of scotland...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: Advantages of getting rid of scotland...

Post by Lost in Transportation »

pompeygunner wrote:Is this the beginning of the end for Salmond
No it isn't. This isn't an end of anything and survivors like Salmond will thrive in bringing Devo Max to Scotland.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:I shall now spend the day enjoying the sight of this little ******'s lifelong dream being crushed.
You're in for a long wait...
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
No it isn't. This isn't an end of anything and survivors like Salmond will thrive in bringing Devo Max to Scotland.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:I shall now spend the day enjoying the sight of this little ******'s lifelong dream being crushed.
Hmmmm, not sure about that tbh. To me it looks like he staked everything on the yes vote. Is he the man to take scotland forward as part of UK. I think not.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

salmond has said he will take part in talks over what other powers are devolved to the scottish Parliament. If he has any sense he'll oversee the changes and then get out citing a job well done. Well, if he had any sense - which I doubt...

His major problem currently is trying to get rid of the label "loser". Regardless of the changes that will follow this referendum, he is a loser. The people have spoken and the people said "f**k off".
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote:

salmond has said he will take part in talks over what other powers are devolved to the scottish Parliament. If he has any sense he'll oversee the changes and then get out citing a job well done. Well, if he had any sense - which I doubt...

His major problem currently is trying to get rid of the label "loser". Regardless of the changes that will follow this referendum, he is a loser. The people have spoken and the people said "f**k off".
If I was in his sweaty shoes, I would immediately plan another referendum for St Andrews Day 2015 on the condition it would be called off only once all London's promises have been fulfilled.
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:

If I was in his sweaty shoes, I would immediately plan another referendum for St Andrews Day 2015 on the condition it would be called off only once all London's promises have been fulfilled.
I believe he can't call the referendum without the agreement of Westminster... Good innit.

As for his sweaty shoes, he can walk 500 miles... and he can walk 500 more... 'til he falls off Golden Cap.
Guy Whittingham

If he won, the placard would have said "Go f**k yourselves, yer English bastards"
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Excellent point on Twitter: by losing Andy Murray is British rather than Scottish...
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Image

If he won, the placard would have said "Go f**k yourselves, yer English bastards"
You're missing your jock-baiting site aren't you...
Guy Whittingham

I believe he can't call the referendum without the agreement of Westminster... Good innit.

As for his sweaty shoes, he can walk 500 miles... and he can walk 500 more... 'til he falls off Golden Cap.
There's always a way. The Scottish Government is not actually mandated to discuss constitutional affairs but they still managed this.
Guy Whittingham

The Greens have called for a UK Constitutional Convention, London and several major English cities have jointly called for greater autonomy....

Interesting times.
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote:Given the opportunity I certainly would have voted against privatising the utilities... and would definitely have voted Yes to remove scotland from the UK... I would have voted not to go to Iraq and certainly voted against the use of CCTV cameras in every nook and cranny of the country.
Milkins, I would have voted against you on all of those (although I would have demanded a clause that we put full military resources into Iraq, instead of the blindingly stupid 'war-lite' strategy we chose).

Awww - and we were getting along so well... I might be swayed on all those points except the utilities. We are being fleeced. I would rather the money was used for a bloated workforce than watching it being pocketed by shareholders baying for more profit.

...in particular the water - the single most important thing in our lives being used for profit is frankly despicable. My view on that will never change.
Guy Whittingham

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote:Given the opportunity I certainly would have voted against privatising the utilities... and would definitely have voted Yes to remove scotland from the UK... I would have voted not to go to Iraq and certainly voted against the use of CCTV cameras in every nook and cranny of the country.
Milkins, I would have voted against you on all of those (although I would have demanded a clause that we put full military resources into Iraq, instead of the blindingly stupid 'war-lite' strategy we chose).

Awww - and we were getting along so well... I might be swayed on all those points except the utilities. We are being fleeced. I would rather the money was used for a bloated workforce than watching it being pocketed by shareholders baying for more profit.

...in particular the water - the single most important thing in our lives being used for profit is frankly despicable. My view on that will never change.
Normally, I would never ignore such a blatant gauntlet-throwing challenge....

However, as today is a most glorious day and I'm sitting blissfully relaxed in a charming cafe on one of Holborn's cobbled side streets, I shall resist and spare you the tedium.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote:
Hmmmm, not sure about that tbh. To me it looks like he staked everything on the yes vote. Is he the man to take scotland forward as part of UK. I think not.
He's too egostisical to be out of the limelight. He will make himself the man to take Scotland forward.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

However, as today is a most glorious day and I'm sitting blissfully relaxed in a charming cafe on one of Holborn's cobbled side streets, I shall resist and spare you the tedium.

I think I've just discovered the root cause of Apathetic Britain!
Guy Whittingham

I think I've just discovered the root cause of Apathetic Britain!
An 'All-Day Breakfast', a mug of tea and a newspaper. The world can wait.

Meanwhile, a Salmond press conference has been repeatedly postponed....