NFL Week 6

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

NFL Week 6

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

1. Seattle 3-1
2. Denver 3-1
3. Philly 4-1
4. San Diego 4-1
5. Cincinnati 3-1
6. Dallas 4-1
7. San Fran 3-2
8. Indianapolis 3-2
9. Green Bay 3-2
10. Arizona 3-1
11. New England 3-2
12. Baltimore 3-2
13. NY Giants 3-2
14. Detroit 3-2
15. Carolina 3-2
16. Pittsburgh 3-2
17. Houston 3-2
18. Buffalo 3-2
19. Kansas 2-3
20. New Orleans 2-3
21. Atlanta 2-3
22. Chicago 2-3
23. Cleveland 2-2
24. Miami 2-2
25. Minnesota 2-3
26. Washington 1-4
27. Tampa 1-4
28. St Louis 1-3
29. Tennessee 1-4
30. NY Jets 1-4
31. London Jags 0-5
32. Oakland 0-4

So this weeks power rankings and we've got big moves up for New England, The Giants and Buffalo.
Rocketing downward are Arizona, Detroit, Baltimore and the worst loss of cred for the week goes to Da Bears who dropped 7 slots.
As we move into week 6, nobody is unbeaten and only Oakland and Jacksonville have yet to win

Week 6 match ups

Colts @ Texans

Indy 33-28 Houston
Indy lost their first 2 but have now won 4 straight and look like contenders fer sure

Patriots @ Bills

The Pats destroyed Cincinnati last week in primetime and I expect a win here against an improving Bills team.
Pats by 7

Steelers @ Browns

Only an idiot would pick Cleveland to win 2 straight and the Steelers have a long habit of winning the big games in the AFC Central.
Pittsburgh by 6

Broncos @ Jets
The Jets are imploding. This week QB Vick admitted he hadn't quite prepared as well as he should have for last week. Dude, the starting qb Gino has been under intense pressure, the fans have been calling for you to play, you get your shot and come in for the 2nd half....and you're not ready?
General Manning's Broncos by 17

The Pack @ Dolphins
Key game for both teams. GB will be looking to cement themselves atop their NFC Div while the Dolphins really really really need a win to salvage their season. But they will FAIL
The Pack by 6

Chargers @ Raiders
This will be a contest to see how many San Diego can score and they will be under a tad bit of pressure on defence after making an easy win last week more difficult than it should have been by giving up 14 4th qtr points

Chargers by 10

Cowboys @ Seahawks
Heres the NFC match up of the week. The Cowboys can't stop winning, they can do no wrong and its unfortunate for them that they are gonna come up against the premier home team in the NFL and get thrashed
Seahawks by 17

Giants @ Eagles
Another good game here with the rising Giants rolling into local rivals Philly
Should be a close one but I expect Philly to pull it off

Eagles by 6

49ers @ Rams

St Louis are awful and everyone in town is focused on the baseball play offs
SF in a walk by 14

Ravens @ Buccs
Baltimore will need a win to keep pace in the highly competitive AFC Central and they will get it because Tampa just plain suck

Ravens by 10

Panthers @ Bungles

Cincinnati seem invincible at home as long as its not prime time....and Carolina can't run the football
Bengals by 9

Lions @ Vikings
Here's a nice battle. We are always asking if Detroit are for real but they keep losing after a good win.
The Vikings aren't that good though and they have more personal issues with the RB this week.

Detroit by 6

Jags @ Titans
Are the Jags going to win a game this season?
Not today.
Tennessee by 10

Bears @ Falcons

The Bears early season promise is fading and they have some key injuries that Atlanta's passing game will exploit. I expect big yds for the Falcons offense
Atlanta by 13

Native Americans @ Cardinals
Arizona got their wake up call last week but I'm sure they will get back on track against Washington

Cards by 9

This weeks NFL edumacation for y'all is the sniggerworthy position of Tight End
The Tight End plays on offence and, depending on how good he is, has 2 roles. He's usually a big chap and the best ones are both big and athletic. His main role is to support the offensive line and protect the Quarterback. But unlike the other down linemen on the offensive line, he is eligible to receive the football in passing plays and because he's usually bigger and heavier than the wide receivers he's a tough package to bring down. Usually on a passing play you will see him make one block and then roll off to receive a pass over the middle.
Anyhoo......consider yerselves now knowledgeable on tight ends and remember.
Make it count in the Red Zone, get yer D off the field on 3rd and 9 and above all.... Don't give up the football!
Div III. Call it what it is.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: NFL Week 6

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Well the Lions have signed Matt Prater, the best free agent kicker out there, so I'm optimistic that last week's kicking nightmare will be put to bed.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Lost in Transportation wrote:Well the Lions have signed Matt Prater, the best free agent kicker out there, so I'm optimistic that last week's kicking nightmare will be put to bed.
http://espn.go.com/free-online-games/sp ... /fg-kicker
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Colts @ Texans

Indy 33-28 Houston
Indy lost their first 2 but have now won 4 straight and look like contenders fer sure

Patriots @ Bills

The Pats destroyed Cincinnati last week in primetime and I expect a win here against an improving Bills team.
Pats by 7

Pats 37-22 Bills.
Tom Brady. 360 yds, 4 td's game over. What a stud.

Steelers @ Browns

Only an idiot would pick Cleveland to win 2 straight and the Steelers have a long habit of winning the big games in the AFC Central.
Pittsburgh by 6

Or not
Steelers 10-31 Browns
What is going on in Cleveland and what is going on in Steel town?
Shocker of the week and the Browns haven't even fired up Johnny Football yet

Broncos @ Jets
The Jets are imploding. This week QB Vick admitted he hadn't quite prepared as well as he should have for last week. Dude, the starting qb Gino has been under intense pressure, the fans have been calling for you to play, you get your shot and come in for the 2nd half....and you're not ready?
General Manning's Broncos by 17

Denver 31-17 NY Jets
Another masterclass from Manning, another loss for the Jets who are heading downhill faster than Ingermar Stenmark

The Pack @ Dolphins
Key game for both teams. GB will be looking to cement themselves atop their NFC Div while the Dolphins really really really need a win to salvage their season. But they will FAIL
The Pack by 6

Packers 27-24 Miami
Great game and it could have gone either way.....except one team has Aaron Rodgers who ran the perfect 2 minute drill to win which included the rarely seen but famed "fake spike".....brilliant play call and execution

Chargers @ Raiders
This will be a contest to see how many San Diego can score and they will be under a tad bit of pressure on defence after making an easy win last week more difficult than it should have been by giving up 14 4th qtr points

Chargers by 10
Chargers 28-31 Raiders.
Oakland had the lead in the 4th....it all looked good.....but no.
Rushing td for San Diego inside the last 2 min was enough

Cowboys @ Seahawks
Heres the NFC match up of the week. The Cowboys can't stop winning, they can do no wrong and its unfortunate for them that they are gonna come up against the premier home team in the NFL and get thrashed
Seahawks by 17

Dallarse 30-23 Seattle

Wow....Dallarse are for real and after beating Super Bowl Chumps Seattle...in their own house they may be #1 in the power rankings...or maybe 2 behind Denver

Giants @ Eagles
Another good game here with the rising Giants rolling into local rivals Philly
Should be a close one but I expect Philly to pull it off

Eagles by 6

Giants 0-27 Eagles.
You don't often see a shut out in the NFL But Philly show up The Giants pretty bad.

49ers @ Rams

St Louis are awful and everyone in town is focused on the baseball play offs
SF in a walk by 14

Ravens @ Buccs
Baltimore will need a win to keep pace in the highly competitive AFC Central and they will get it because Tampa just plain suck

Ravens by 10

Baltimore 48-17 Tampa
Absolute destruction for Tampa. This one was 38-0 at the half and Joe Flacco throws 5 tds. Tampa are just embarrassing. Fans will be showing up with brown bag masks next game.

Panthers @ Bungles

Cincinnati seem invincible at home as long as its not prime time....and Carolina can't run the football
Bengals by 9

Panthers 37-37 Bungles. This game had it all. It came down to a 35 yd field goal attempt in overtime for Cincinnati to win it but they blew it. Americans totally confused that a sporting contest ends with no winner. The main factor of the game was the Bungles being unable to find an answer to Panther QB Cam Newton running the football.

Lions @ Vikings
Here's a nice battle. We are always asking if Detroit are for real but they keep losing after a good win.
The Vikings aren't that good though and they have more personal issues with the RB this week.

Detroit by 6
Lions 17-3 Vikings
A great win for Detroit but I wouldn't get too excited. The Vikings threw 3 interceptions which gave the game away. More missed field goals for Detroit but they will be happy with the win.

Jags @ Titans
Are the Jags going to win a game this season?
Not today.
Tennessee by 10

London Jags 14-16 Tennessee
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bears @ Falcons

The Bears early season promise is fading and they have some key injuries that Atlanta's passing game will exploit. I expect big yds for the Falcons offense
Atlanta by 13

Da Bears 27-13 Atlanta
Boy was I wrong. Chicago's defense dominated and QB Cutler threw for over 380 yds

Native Americans @ Cardinals
Arizona got their wake up call last week but I'm sure they will get back on track against Washington

Cards by 9
Washington 20-30 Arizona.
I'm not going to say I told you so but I told you so, Good come back for Cards QB Carson Palmer who's been out a month.