Andy Awford's lacklustre and boring blue and white army

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Andy Awford's lacklustre and boring blue and white army

Post by Pompey Dave »

It could catch on
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Re: Andy Awford's lacklustre and boring blue and white army

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Pompey Dave wrote:It could catch on
If it catches on for much longer, then the goodwill that Awfs now has, will disappear down the plughole at an alarming rate of knots! Awfs needs to get a sharp reality check - and remember and don this coat of many colours:

Football is part of the entertainment industry that fights for entertainment pound in the entertainment pocket. He still doesn't know his best team, let alone his best formation. It's time he sat in a darkened room listening to dolphins calling to each other and do some revision on his man management skills - right now the shoulders are down, the confidence has disappeared. He should think of the days of his arrival and how he galvanised a faltering team........back to the drawing board Awfs, it was fun then, so let's have a second helping of that - or the honeymoon period is over!
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

No entertainment today or Tuesday just frustration.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Pompey Dave wrote:No entertainment today or Tuesday just frustration.
Or the previous two Saturdays.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Or the previous two Saturdays.
Indeed
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I have to beg to differ with regards to Tuesday. For the first twenty five minutes or so we were passing the ball about really well, and it was probably the best we've played all season.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

Selsey Bill wrote:
I have to beg to differ with regards to Tuesday. For the first twenty five minutes or so we were passing the ball about really well, and it was probably the best we've played all season.
We passed it well between the back 5 and the midfield and then back again but there was limited penetration and certainly no end product. Flattered to deceive for the first spell and then lost it would be my opinion.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Dave wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
We passed it well between the back 5 and the midfield and then back again but there was limited penetration and certainly no end product. Flattered to deceive for the first spell and then lost it would be my opinion.
There was an end result - Ryan Taylor's goal, and his diving header, and another shot that their keeper saved brilliantly.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Pompey Dave wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
There was an end result - Ryan Taylor's goal, and his diving header, and another shot that their keeper saved brilliantly.
Yes OK, I just felt it was a strange game early on which both teams approached more as a training game. Awford got the team selection badly wrong and made a very risky decision to remove Devera early to get another youngster on. This ended up costing us any sort of tactical substitution later on and risked Holmes getting a serious injury. It also meant the majority of the game was beyond us.

Awford will learn from it and I am willing him to get it right but he and the team seem to be going in to their shells. He knew he had got it wrong on Tuesday as he normally applauds the Fratton end and crowd from the the dugout but on the night he came much further on to the pitch in an almost apologetic way.