Antii-terrorism arrests in Portsmouth?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Antii-terrorism arrests in Portsmouth?

Post by Weybridge »

Thought I heard something on the radio a few mins ago. Anyone else?
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Antii-terrorism arrests in Portsmouth?

Post by Milkins »

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

This is the thing see, this will fall into the gleefull hands of the EDL that were marching through Pompey at the weekend and go against the rational points raised by the woman who was interviewed opposing their views.

Something seriously needs to be done in this country to stop the radicalisation of Muslims otherwise you are going to generate more support for the EDL and the likes and i strongly believe that this needs to come from within the muslim community, and not just a quick interview on TV to placate the masses. It needs to be seen that something is being done from within otherwise things in this country will seriously start to go wrong.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Portchester PFC wrote:This is the thing see, this will fall into the gleefull hands of the EDL that were marching through Pompey at the weekend and go against the rational points raised by the woman who was interviewed opposing their views.

Something seriously needs to be done in this country to stop the radicalisation of Muslims otherwise you are going to generate more support for the EDL and the likes and i strongly believe that this needs to come from within the muslim community, and not just a quick interview on TV to placate the masses. It needs to be seen that something is being done from within otherwise things in this country will seriously start to go wrong.
I agree, its the only way its going to work. Unfortunately, the call to arms is always going to be more rallying than the call for peace, especially to the young. ISIS fighters are overwhelmingly between 16 and 25.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Weybridge wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:This is the thing see, this will fall into the gleefull hands of the EDL that were marching through Pompey at the weekend and go against the rational points raised by the woman who was interviewed opposing their views.

I agree, its the only way its going to work. Unfortunately, the call to arms is always going to be more rallying than the call for peace, especially to the young. ISIS fighters are overwhelmingly between 16 and 25.
I never had the urge to flea to a warzone between 16 & 25. Too busy drinking beer and chasing girls.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Weybridge wrote:

I never had the urge to flea to a warzone between 16 & 25. Too busy drinking beer and chasing girls.
Apparently, these two did feel the urge to flea to a warzone, just to chase boys. And now they don't like it anymore. So can they come home please. Oh, and by the way, they're up the wossname.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/teenagers-ran ... ml#h2X9tTG
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Weybridge wrote:

Me too 85 but i am guessing by your visits to various hostilaries that you are not a muslim :-)

I a surprised already that the EDL Portsmouth brnahc who marched through the city on saturday have not already issued a "I told you so" statement.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey1985 wrote: I never had the urge to flea a warzone...
Well I've had to de-flea cats - but I never thought to populate a warzone with fleas.....or even flee a warzone :wink:
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

As much as it pains me to say it and as much as I dislike these moronic groups like the EDL they're right aren't they ? Radical Islam is going in in this city .
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I tend to agree. As long as the non extreme and established political groups tiptoe around in their usual mamby pamby way, because they are scared of the "Racist" card being played and them then losing votes, it allows the more extreme groups to flourish. Sadly, whether you are red or blue, you have to agree that most (if not all) of these types of decisions are based on how many votes they will gain or lose and have nothing to do with what is right.
Norman Piper wrote:As much as it pains me to say it and as much as I dislike these moronic groups like the EDL they're right aren't they ? Radical Islam is going in in this city .
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

When I was courting a Chinese woman when I lived in Portsmouth it wouldn't be uncommon when out and about for someone to ask her where she was from... the answer was Bristol.

I personally have never found Portsmouth to be very multicultural nor massively tolerant of others I am aware this is a massive generalisation, but it doesn't really surprise me to see that the EDL keep going back to Portsmouth. There is in my experience a lot of ignorance towards other cultures in Portsmouth (and probably other cities like Portsmouth).