Aquacars

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Aquacars

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I was driving along one of the side roads near where I work last week, following a taxi. I suspect you know what I'm going to say. The driver stopped in the middle of the road, stuck his hazards on, and waited for his fare to get out.

Now, I can understand them having to do that, if there are no parking spaces available - frustrating as it is, they don't really have a huge choice. However, in this instance, there were parking spaces available on BOTH sides of the road, exactly where he had stopped. Not a couple of car lengths up, but right there. I was a little angry at this, I hooted at him (before the passengers got out) and gestured (politely) to suggest that he should move to the side of the road. However, he clearly wasn't interested.

So, I phoned the Aquarcars office, and spoke to the despatcher. Explained the situation as above, had myself a small rant, received the usual platitudes, and hung up. I didn't think anything would come of it, but at least venting myself lowered my blood pressure a little.

I have just received a phone call from one of the more senior members of staff, profusely apologising for the delay in responding, profusely apologising for the lack of consideration from the driver, and whilst I was calling, had a look on the logs to see who the driver was, and told me that the driver would be giving a talking to about considerate driving before he could take another fare.

So, the purpose of this post is to:-

(A) Sing the praises of Aquacars - the cynical among you might say that he was just stringing me along, but I would counter by saying that there is no point in doing so after a week. Fair play to them for listening to a complaint, and acting upon it.

and

(B) To encourage everyone else to have a whinge at Aquacars if you are inconvenienced by one of their drivers in the future, the chap (Bob) encouraged me to call again, if I felt the need.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
splot
Gary O'Neil

Re: Aquacars

Post by splot »

Well fair play to them, may have to take some time out next time to do the same :-)

Do you think phoning them up as moaning about their drivers not knowing where they are going is a legitimate compliant? (I got in a cab last friday at the Shepherd's Crook, to go to Campbell Rd), once the car started moving, "where is Campbell Rd?" :-)