Clueless...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Clueless...

Post by Pompey1985 »

I also think a lot of the players we think are good actually aren't that good. E.g. Ricky Holmes he looked good last season because he worked hard and was direct in his running.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

As a season ticket holder I feel obliged to attend in Tuesday night. But to be honest it has felt like years since we had a performance where I came away feeling I enjoyed a game. At our last home league match I stated to those around me that it was not worth 80 minutes of dross just to see 10 minutes of entertaining football. At Bury this was further eroded to 0 minutes of entertainment though as away supporters we did start to applaud the effort and skill of the Bury squad - green with envy. It should have been six and perhaps it would have been better if it was.
So.........Tuesday night, am I bothered?
Someone please tell me why I should go? and no responses please about "If you were a real supporter you would" I have been a ST for 13 years.
Answers, persuasions please by return

Disillusioned supporter.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Bileys Barnet
Martin Kuhl

Post by Bileys Barnet »

We keep going back because that's what we do as pompey fans it has been dire for years but what else will we do on a Saturday afternoon or a cold Tuesday night ?
we punched outside our weight for years and now were back at our level
It's more about meeting mates for a catch up and a beer if we get 3 points that's an bonus for me !
PUP PPU
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I don't mind us losing. Its the lack of any progression and attacking intend. Its as bad as Ritchie Barker the difference is Awford is one of our own.
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

Bileys Barnet wrote:we punched outside our weight for years and now were back at our level

PUP PPU
Pompey are currently two divisions below their weight class. If the debt is now serviced I want to now see the club use their financial muscle to buy their way out of this league.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Football, or indeed any sport, is all about management. Andy Awford is starting to look like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I genuinely believe he is still the right man for the job, but he does need to sort this current malaise out. We know we have the players to compete in this league, but they are not doing just that at the moment, and that is because of their attitude, commitment, application, formation, etc., not ability. Whatever anyone says, there is obviously an issue within our camp at the moment and Awfs will either sort it or he wont. For me, his success or failure as a manager will hinge on how he, not our team, performs in the next few weeks. Right now as Pompey fans we need to get behind him and the team. However, if we witness a repeat of the first 70 minutes against Mansfield tomorrow night the Boo Boys will be back in town giving Mr McInnes and his fellow directors plenty to ponder over. PUP
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Selsey Bill wrote:Football, or indeed any sport, is all about management. Andy Awford is starting to look like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I genuinely believe he is still the right man for the job, but he does need to sort this current malaise out. We know we have the players to compete in this league, but they are not doing just that at the moment, and that is because of their attitude, commitment, application, formation, etc., not ability. Whatever anyone says, there is obviously an issue within our camp at the moment and Awfs will either sort it or he wont. For me, his success or failure as a manager will hinge on how he, not our team, performs in the next few weeks. Right now as Pompey fans we need to get behind him and the team. However, if we witness a repeat of the first 70 minutes against Mansfield tomorrow night the Boo Boys will be back in town giving Mr McInnes and his fellow directors plenty to ponder over. PUP
That just about encapsulates what many of us have felt for the last half dozen games - Awfs is now being caught out by his own predictability. Fellow managers now realize that our team is set up with the sole purpose of not conceding ( the horrifying Richie Barker Mk 2 method) and with that stark reality established, Awfs ( the former man management guru ) has become a pale shadow of his former self. Yes, he's one of ours - but he has to beat his demons.....and quickly!