Waddock

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 111 times

Waddock

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Appointed Assistant Manager!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Waddock

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Interesting, everyone focussing on Dillon and North, then this pops up.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Waddock did well with the Shots and Wycombe, could be a decent move.

Decent RB in his day too.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Weybridge wrote:Waddock did well with the Shots and Wycombe, could be a decent move.

Took me by surprise. I always remember him as a flame-haired midfielder though. (QPR). Forgot he played for Rep of Ireland. Mixed record in lower leagues (where he's been for most of it) - though does know what promotion tastes like.

I liked the idea of Dillon, but that was going back to when Whitts was first appointed. Must've had a good number of applicants. Hope him & Awfs work together well.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote:
Weybridge wrote:Waddock did well with the Shots and Wycombe, could be a decent move.

Took me by surprise. I always remember him as a flame-haired midfielder though. (QPR). Forgot he played for Rep of Ireland. Mixed record in lower leagues (where he's been for most of it) - though does know what promotion tastes like.

I liked the idea of Dillon, but that was going back to when Whitts was first appointed. Must've had a good number of applicants. Hope him & Awfs work together well.
Yes, you're right it seems. Who am I thinking of then...? QPR right backs...
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Can't forgive him for that mullet and the penalty miss for England though.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Weybridge wrote:Yes, you're right it seems. Who am I thinking of then...? QPR right backs...
Not sure you're 'wrong' Weybridge, am sure he did play as a holding midfielder, but think he may have had stints at RB. QPR rb's - we had Wally Neill off 'em. But I get me Gary Bannister's mixed up - Gavin Maguire doesn't help either (allegedly) :)

Some from the era, I think 'we' are talking about: Bradley Allen, Kevin Brock, Ian Dawes, Mark Dennis, Les Ferdinand, Wayne Fereday, Mark Fleming Bonnie Ginsberg, Law, McGuire, Parker, Pisanti. Allen, Byrne, Channing, Fenwick (yikes!), Kerslake, Francis, Johns, Maddix, O'Neill, Peacock, Simon Barker, Brevett, Gallen, Dichio, McDonald (RIP), Bardsley... Could've been from earlier than that.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Paul Parker I liked, I remember him at Fulham, constantly linked with Liverpool, but doubts about his height, eventually QPR took him, then United (& England of course, then his confidence went post Italia 90). Warren Neill before him, our Gav would've played there too. Maddix? (more often in central defence), was Dave Clement (think he's passed away too), was a full-back, but can't remember if rb or lb, Rb? as Ian Gillard on the left?

John Hollins - I kept seeing his name mentioned this week - allegedly on our pay-roll?? (hadn't heard that one before). Hollins played for Arsenal at rb (I think) in his mid thirties.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Norman Piper wrote:Can't forgive him for that mullet and the penalty miss for England though.
Don't you start with your Chris Waddles!! :D
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Wasn't he in the Good the Bad and the Ugly?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I'm reliably informed that Waddock was NOT Awford's choice to replace Macca.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

If true. This all makes no sense.