Dudes...patience!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Dudes...patience!

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

What a lot of moaning going on lately.
It's Awford/Chorley/Shorey/Owners/youff system/Ass. Manager/formation/selection etc etc etc.
Well, actually its none of those. In the next week or 2 I shall publish posters pre season predictamundos at the half way point and we shall see why many posters were a bit rosy with this seasons predictions!
Y'all were basing your expectations on the size of the fan base, Big club, big crowds...we'll romp right through this league eh what!
Well....no. Wiser pre season posters,,,, and as was also mentioned by 1 or 2 a couple of weeks back, know better.
The FACTS of the matter are thus:
Our financial muscle in this division is irrelevant this season because this team was built under a transfer ban and built whilst mucho finances were earmarked elsewhere.
This current team is a collection of freebies, loans, youff. cast offs from other clubs and players out of contract .
That is why it isn't romping through the league. That is why even Sir Jose Wenger Ferguson couldn't win the league with the current squad.
It'll be maybe next season but probably the season after next that are financial muscle will begin to tell.
So relax, quit looking for the scapegoat and take a patience pill,
Div III. Call it what it is.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Dudes...patience!

Post by Mickemo »

Very interesting post and I to a large degree agree with most of your points :thumb

Id like to add another point though in that the difference between bottom of the league and top is actually not great so whilst we aren't tearing up the division, promotion via the play offs should be in our sights (even now with the show of shyate we have) - just 1 or 2 quality signings or players returning from injury e.g. Dunne and we still can have a successful season. I truly (perhaps naively) believe that !

Look at Exeter, I watched them in the FA Cup defeat up at Warrington a few weeks...they are 7th FFS and they were a ****** poor side !
(Grimes is the exception and will surely be snapped up by a Prem side in January)