A Busted Flush

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

A Busted Flush

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Let me say rightaway that as an ardent supporter of Awfs, it seems churlish to criticise the manager at this time. After all, we owe the man a debt for keeping the team out of the Conference last season and getting the team to believe in themselves again with swashbuckling displays that had us purring with pleasure - it seems almost sacrilege to even ask questions about his managerial skills. If he was a stick of rock and you took your first bite, he'd have Pompey written all the way through. Since then, the belief and the man management skills have ebbed from his fragile mindset - in poker terms, he is a busted flush and that is really tragic.

Disunity in the management camp is apparent - the appointment of Gary Waddock to assist may be a curative and a lift, but I'm not holding my breath. Awf's main problem is in his mind; bizarre substitutions, team selections and his attempts to stem the flow of criticism.....it's tough being a manager under siege, there's no place to hide. Has he improved the team? Has he enthused the supporters? Do the team believe in him? Does he even know his best team? I rather suspect that the answer to those 4 questions is NO.

It's very sad - we want him to succeed, we want SB and all the other posters that watch these games to be able to write good reports (better still glowing reports!) because the supporters are the life blood of the Club and they deserve better!