Your Rubiness

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Your Rubiness

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Can you put a coin in the slot.......I realize you are probably in Poland right now, but this Board is now working on candle power and is operating at a speed that indicates terminal illness! Or are you shielding us from some bad news.....?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Your Rubiness

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

It's appalling Pomp....I had to make this post in Nov 2014 to ensure it got here in time.
Anyhoo, agents of The Cincinnati Kid have tracked down the problem. His Rubiness, in an effort to give his sole employee a break, has hired 2 new employees. Unfortunately he left Andy Awford in charge of the substitutions and it all got a little feked up.

[youtube][/youtube]
Div III. Call it what it is.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Works fine for me. You must have a ****** computer
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Perhaps he could borrow one from Pompey Belle.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:It's appalling Pomp....I had to make this post in Nov 2014 to ensure it got here in time.
Anyhoo, agents of The Cincinnati Kid have tracked down the problem. His Rubiness, in an effort to give his sole employee a break, has hired 2 new employees. Unfortunately he left Andy Awford in charge of the substitutions and it all got a little feked up.

[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:It's appalling Pomp....I had to make this post in Nov 2014 to ensure it got here in time.

Don't tell me about it CK - it's never been the same since he got involved with the Solidarite movement in Kracow. The arrival of Polish plumbers in the borough of Greenwich where His Rubiness now lives means that he has a plethora of plumbers who know their way around kitchens and bathrooms and positively thrive in unblocking U Bends but have little input on his very obvious needs for IT personel. He mistook the Solidarite Movement for Solid State equipment which does nothing to improve the speed of the operation of this site.......you probably noticed that Pompey 85 and Mr Nuts have resorted to brown nosing His Rubiness now they have been re-instated after serving time for heinous crimes of riotous behaviour and insurrection. If this site is operating OK for them, then they speak with forked tongue or have been bribed.......

[youtube][/youtube]
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Yes Pomp....apologies for the delay in responding...I had to post this in early Jan to make sure it got here in time.
I did indeed notice the brown-nosing of 2 former criminals, Pompey 85 and Mr. Nuts......Oh yes its all sunny and lovey here in happyland..........they must still be on probation.
Also their names appear slightly different on my screen....it's Pompey BS and Mr. **** No need for Rubi to fix that....we know who they are.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Not noticed any problems here. I think it must be the "other" sites you frequent using up all your bandwidth, meaning your ISP has decided to throttle your connection, in much the same way as I assume you are throttling something else whilst visiting those sites.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Bluesbro'
Interim Manager
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Bluesbro' »

Not sure it's a bandwidth thing. Both home & work comps are really slow on just this site, however I-pad on home wireless, same as comp, is fine. :?
roubles
Alan Biley

Post by roubles »

Very slow with IE (tried on several computers) but Chrome seems OK.
We live in a world where we know the cost of everything but recognise the value of nothing.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Same here, like a snail using IE but quick on Firefox.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Well I'm no Johnny computer whizz fer sure....but why would a browser type make a difference and then only on a particular site?

Apologies if this post got here late. I anticipated this problem in 1974 and sent it by carrier pidgeon
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Well probably the same reason that IE is seen as a bit clunky, I was forced back to it because having Vista reinstalled on a new HD. But that lasted a few days before I switched back to firefox.
interestingly its the same on Fratton Faithful using IE but quick on firefox.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Well I'm no Johnny computer whizz fer sure....but why would a browser type make a difference and then only on a particular site?

Apologies if this post got here late. I anticipated this problem in 1974 and sent it by carrier pidgeon
Your carrier pigeon has just arrived, with layers of cosmic stardust gleaming on it's tired wings. His Rubiness aka Mein Fuhrer denies any knowledge of creaking or lumpy transmission difficulties, but then that's what they do in Poland. In common with other lesser mortals, I too have managed to access normal service through Chrome, but am distressed beyond measure that I am unable to use my normal browser. I'm all for despotic regimes, hence my hero worship of Gengis Khan (top man was Gengis ) .........I'll give the pigeon a 24hr recovery time before dispatching him due west eta 01/01/2016.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Slow from desktop at work. E.g. doesn't open. Fly's from mobile.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I've searched in Google and can find threads related to phpBB, where it is Firfox people have problems with and not in IE. So, maybe it's some sort of browser specific plug-in or add-on that you've got installed, if it is only in one browser and not on all machines?

You could always also try clearing your browser's cache and restarting the browser.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.