Rozanne Duncan

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Rozanne Duncan

Post by Here comes AFC »

Just how stupid is this woman

Ignoring the party aspects that could be jumped on; she has been expelled from a UK political party after the BBC fimed her saying.

"The only people I do have problems with are negroes. And I don't know why. I don't know whether there is something in my psyche or whether it's karma from a previous life or whether something happened to me as a very, very young person and I've drawn a veil over it - because that sometimes happens, doesn't it?
But I really do have a problem with people with negroid features."

Her defence given to the BBC was

"I used the word 'negroes' as you would do Asians, Chinese, Muslims, Jews. It's a description, it's not an insult - in the same way as you would say, 'What do you mean by Jewish? Well, they belong to a community, they have got a certain faith, they have usually got noses that have got a bit of a curve to them, married women - if they are orthodox Jews - wear wigs.' It's description."

But to cap it all, she still claims

"I still honestly believe that what I said was never at any time racist or derogatory."
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Rozanne Duncan

Post by Earl Grey »

Well I suppose you could say that she's honest.

I'm sure there are plenty of politicians and others who dissemble and lie about their acceptance of black and Asian people.

There's so much rubbish talked about how immigrants are such a problem but I'm sure there are many who equate immigrants with black and Asian racial types and care rather less about how many white Caucasian immigrants there are.

But this woman's at least fessing up to what is an ingrained, genetically selected predisposition that we all share which is to be suspicious of, and quickly build a dislike of those of another 'tribe'. When they're easily identifiable by colour then that enhances the situation.

Most of us overcome this predisposition by using our intellect to shape our moral landscape to the extent that we often actually believe that our tribal instinct has disappeared altogether - and indeed to all intents and purposes it has. But be assured it's there - watch any football crowd espousing the cause of their own players' conduct in circumstances that any impartial judge would say was unjustifiable and you'll see it's bubbling there underneath. That's why sport is so important as an escape valve to release that 'quality' of being over-partisan, my Country right or wrong etc.

[youtube][/youtube]
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Post by Here comes AFC »

Earl Grey wrote:Well I suppose you could say that she's honest.
I prefer stupid

She was elected to public office and maybe you could excuse her in speaking her mind in what she thought was private, but in reality secretly filmed.

However, she chose to follow it up in public and make her 'excuses' by making yet more racist comments.

Then, she decides to top it all be saying that in her eyes she's done nothing wrong.

That is either the actions of of a person with no family, friends, colleagues.... who could take her to one side and tell her when it's time to shut her trap and keep her head down; or someone who is far too ignorant to listen and take advice. Given how the story starts..................
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Here comes AFC wrote:
I prefer stupid
If she has any political ambitions then she certainly is stupid.....even though honest.

Any American politician who wants to go far, for example, will pretend to have a strong belief in a Christian God, even if he's a raging Atheist. Dishonest but canny.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Post by Here comes AFC »

Earl Grey wrote:
Here comes AFC wrote:
I prefer stupid
If she has any political ambitions then she certainly is stupid.....even though honest.

Any American politician who wants to go far, for example, will pretend to have a strong belief in a Christian God, even if he's a raging Atheist. Dishonest but canny.
Political career is over
She maybe wants to shut up before she can't walk the streets though