Rifkind resigns

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Rifkind resigns

Post by dickinson »

Leon's cousin has resigned as Chair of Security committee.

He now has more 'free time' in which to indulge in.

I have mentioned in a previous post or two about the possibility of some of our politicians being blackmailed by other countries, affecting important decisions which would almost certainly not be for the good of the country. I was then, referring to our entrusted political masters indiscretions possibly being filmed, taped or witnessed with children. Dolphin Square, Elm House, Kincora etc, (Incidentally the Stoke Mandeville report will come out on Thursday and 44 cases of rape or child abuse will reportedly be named). However, politicians opening themselves up to the possibility of blackmail and preferential favours in negotiating private deals with private companies is almost inevitable. As a Chair of Security, this is just plainly irresponsible.

We have a problem of trust with our politicians in this country. I respect for very few of them.
To accept ones ignorance is a great step towards an education - Abraham Lincoln
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Re: Rifkind resigns

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

dickinson wrote:Leon's cousin has resigned as Chair of Security committee.

He now has more 'free time' in which to indulge in.

I have mentioned in a previous post or two about the possibility of some of our politicians being blackmailed by other countries, affecting important decisions which would almost certainly not be for the good of the country. I was then, referring to our entrusted political masters indiscretions possibly being filmed, taped or witnessed with children. Dolphin Square, Elm House, Kincora etc, (Incidentally the Stoke Mandeville report will come out on Thursday and 44 cases of rape or child abuse will reportedly be named). However, politicians opening themselves up to the possibility of blackmail and preferential favours in negotiating private deals with private companies is almost inevitable. As a Chair of Security, this is just plainly irresponsible.

We have a problem of trust with our politicians in this country. I respect for very few of them.
Have to say I agree .

Someone at work said all politicians are in it for selfish reasons .

I disagreed with him , but thinking of genuine people who put others interests before their own is becoming increasingly difficult .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Don't think politicos are any different from the rest of society.
They just have better access to graft opportunities.

One wonders in this day and age why we need them at all. I assume originally they were the representatives of peeps as it was unrealistic to expect millions to trudge down to Londinium to vote. Now everyone could vote on any issue from their armchair.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Don't think politicos are any different from the rest of society.

One wonders in this day and age why we need them at all. I assume originally they were the representatives of peeps as it was unrealistic to expect millions to trudge down to Londinium to vote. Now everyone could vote on any issue from their armchair.

Armchair voting? I can just imagine the Jeremy Kyle set prodding away at the button with their podgy, take-away greased fingers in order to vote for more things they don't deserve. Anyone who cannot be bothered to walk to a polling station really shouldn't be voting for anything.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Milkins wrote: Anyone who cannot be bothered to walk to a polling station really shouldn't be voting for anything.
Stephen Hawking's knackered, then......
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Milkins wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Don't think politicos are any different from the rest of society.

Armchair voting? I can just imagine the Jeremy Kyle set prodding away at the button with their podgy, take-away greased fingers in order to vote for more things they don't deserve. Anyone who cannot be bothered to walk to a polling station really shouldn't be voting for anything.
What about driving?
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

I met Malcolm once. He was a thoroughly nice chap. Just shows, anyone can be a lying tw*t.
I am me, the universe and you.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Earl Grey wrote:
Milkins wrote: Anyone who cannot be bothered to walk to a polling station really shouldn't be voting for anything.
Well, yes, he is...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

Milkins wrote:
Earl Grey wrote:
Well, yes, he is...
He's hardly knackered. He's been sat on his ar*e for 30 years.
I am me, the universe and you.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Right EG , Milkins and Pompski I am holding you all responsible for me laughing out loud in the office in front of a Senior Manager who then asked me why I was laughing....

SODS the lot of you :lol: