BTG WHISKY

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey_Galactico
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: BTG WHISKY

Post by Pompey_Galactico »

If i could jasp i would :)

85, been in the bar industry as a cocktail bar tender and bar manager for over a decade now. Also born in to a family where my dad loves his whisky, my mum is Scottish and appreciates a good whisky, then I was raised through my drinking years in Northern Ireland so i have a big appreciation for the stuff and have a very good selection myself. Last year I was involved in the finals for Great Britain in the World Class 2014 competition, this looks for the worlds best bar tender. I was told I had the best cocktail in the competition, but the bar I worked for at the time and I had a falling out so I could not continue as one of the scoring sections relies on units sold (i know the sounds a bit cliched but it is true). Also a few years ago Appleton Estate, one of the favoured rums in my profession, featured one of my cocktails as a signature serve and it was promoted the world over across their Social Media profiles. On top of all this I have dedicated myself to further learning across all spirits and I also ran Aruba, which at the time, was one of the most prestigious and popular venues in Bournemouth. Due to what I achieved at Aruba I was the go to guy for a lot of the spirit companies and I am still held in quite high regard. I am now currently starting my own bar tender training company. Hope the helps, of course no one was to know this as i have not mentioned it before.

Milkins i was waiting for someone to say it haha!

Yahoodlums, Japanese whisky is a good shout. It is very good and is starting to get a high profile over here now. Hibiki is another good one for not bad pricing.
Life is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it or trying to get a piece of it.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate .... coincidence? i think not!!!
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Pompey_Galactico wrote:If i could jasp i would :)

85, been in the bar industry as a cocktail bar tender and bar manager for over a decade now. Also born in to a family where my dad loves his whisky, my mum is Scottish and appreciates a good whisky, then I was raised through my drinking years in Northern Ireland so i have a big appreciation for the stuff and have a very good selection myself. Last year I was involved in the finals for Great Britain in the World Class 2014 competition, this looks for the worlds best bar tender. I was told I had the best cocktail in the competition, but the bar I worked for at the time and I had a falling out so I could not continue as one of the scoring sections relies on units sold (i know the sounds a bit cliched but it is true). Also a few years ago Appleton Estate, one of the favoured rums in my profession, featured one of my cocktails as a signature serve and it was promoted the world over across their Social Media profiles. On top of all this I have dedicated myself to further learning across all spirits and I also ran Aruba, which at the time, was one of the most prestigious and popular venues in Bournemouth. Due to what I achieved at Aruba I was the go to guy for a lot of the spirit companies and I am still held in quite high regard. I am now currently starting my own bar tender training company. Hope the helps, of course no one was to know this as i have not mentioned it before.

Yahoodlums, Japanese whisky is a good shout. It is very good and is starting to get a high profile over here now. Hibiki is another good one for not bad pricing.
This is all well and good .

However , it does not change the fact that you support a crap NFL team :wink:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:

Better than supporting a crap football team :wink:
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

This Time Next Year wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:

Better than supporting a crap football team :wink:
That didn't take long :lol:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Pompey_Galactico
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey_Galactico »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:[

yea this is true :lol: :thumb
Life is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it or trying to get a piece of it.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate .... coincidence? i think not!!!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Sounds good. Like the Appleton's just poured myself a seven fathoms after workpoured.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Pompey1985 wrote:

Sounds good. Like the Appleton's just poured myself a seven fathoms after workpoured.

Clearly an effective brew.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."