Match Thread.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Match Thread.

Post by Earl Grey »

Portchester PFC wrote: Their [...] second was a balls up by Jones, misjudged the flight of the ball completely.
There seemed to be one or two people around me (Fratton End) who thought the Tranmere guy brushed the ball with his arm/hand which is what put Jones off.

I must admit everyone seemed to stop as if there had been an offence but there was no major protest from Pompey that I could detect.

Did anyone else think there was an element of the "hand of God" in it?
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Re: Match Thread.

Post by Portchester PFC »

Earl Grey wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote: Their [...] second was a balls up by Jones, misjudged the flight of the ball completely.
There seemed to be one or two people around me (Fratton End) who thought the Tranmere guy brushed the ball with his arm/hand which is what put Jones off.

I must admit everyone seemed to stop as if there had been an offence but there was no major protest from Pompey that I could detect.

Did anyone else think there was an element of the "hand of God" in it?
I sit in the FE half way up just right of the goal and i nor the firends around me saw any hand of god influence :D As you say EG, no players or even Jones himself seemed to appeal anything. It appeared that he misjudged it and tried to take the ball over and behind his head and was always reaching too far for it, the rest was just, well, bad luck !
Heaven's Light Our Guide