Match Thread.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Bluesbro'
Interim Manager
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Match Thread.

Post by Bluesbro' »

GibraltarBlue wrote:3-2 FT after 7 mins of extra time!
Awford = the new Fergie??? :lol:
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I have to say
Wow.
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

Tubbs 3 from 2
Taylor 3 from 2

PUP :D
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

richisbradders wrote:Manager of the month form maybe?
Let's hope not. It's a jinx
the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

Post by the-future-is-blue »

Gulp ! :shock:

Felt aggrieved for quite a while, more positive when 1 - 2 and shocked/very happy at the end - now that's proper football :thumb
Gaydamack's wonderful millions - well it did seem too good to be true !
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

From rock bottom to top of the league two form table in 5 games. Quite a turn around.
Plan A was going OK today and then undone by a decent finish and a goalkeeping howler. Plan B was worse than plan A. Plan C was reckless but incredibly satisfying. Awford showed he can change things today. I had my doubts and still do but he has definitely earned the right to see the season out.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

2 game ban for Dunne for his 10th yellow of the season today. :-(
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Post by dickinson »

Pompey Dave wrote:From rock bottom to top of the league two form table in 5 games. Quite a turn around.
Plan A was going OK today and then undone by a decent finish and a goalkeeping howler. Plan B was worse than plan A. Plan C was reckless but incredibly satisfying. Awford showed he can change things today. I had my doubts and still do but he has definitely earned the right to see the season out.
I'm delighted for Awford, but I think the Board deserve some credit as our performances (not always early results) have greatly improved since Waddock was introduced.

I'm not sure if this has been recognised or appreciated by many fans.
To accept ones ignorance is a great step towards an education - Abraham Lincoln
yahoodlums
Alan Knight

Post by yahoodlums »

What a result to wake up to this morning. bl**dy brilliant!
"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit!"
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

I'll admit, I was checking the score last night, and had given up when I saw we were 2-0 down. Wrote it off as a "ah well, typical rubbish result following a 6-2 win".

Just goes to show eh.
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

Wtf!? Pompey losing 2-0 when I went to bed last night...
dickinson wrote:
I'm delighted for Awford, but I think the Board deserve some credit as our performances (not always early results) have greatly improved since Waddock was introduced.

I'm not sure if this has been recognised or appreciated by many fans.
Not to mention sticking with their man?
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

The main reason there was 7 minutes is because Tranmere built that up by walking their player off across the entire pitch for treatment instead of going off to the North terrace side. OK he was possibly bleeding but really, was it that bad?

It was quite funny actually....Tranmere suddenly were rushing to take throw-ins etc whereas before they were wasting time....

.....especially their keeper taking goal kicks who was dragging his heels to a massive extent which the ref appeared to not notice....

.....as soon as Jones was a little too relaxed about taking a goal kick the ref was on his case immediately.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I was watching Sky Sports 401 as the initial goals went in and said to the Wife "I am going to check the Computer" and Westcarr scored. I`ll still go and check the "stats". had a look at `Pompey Live` on the News Website and Taylor scored. I rushed back to the television to get Sky`s goal report and said to the Wife I think I`ll go back to the computer it`s proving lucky. 30 seconds later Taylor scored again. The mood changed from depression to exhilaration!

It`s Pompey!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Earl Grey wrote:
The main reason there was 7 minutes is because Tranmere built that up by walking their player off across the entire pitch for treatment instead of going off to the North terrace side. OK he was possibly bleeding but really, was it that bad?

It was quite funny actually....Tranmere suddenly were rushing to take throw-ins etc whereas before they were wasting time....

.....especially their keeper taking goal kicks who was dragging his heels to a massive extent which the ref appeared to not notice....

.....as soon as Jones was a little too relaxed about taking a goal kick the ref was on his case immediately.
There was some shocking time wasting by them all through the game until as you say we banged a few goals in, their keeper was terrible from the first minutes of the game for wasting time. As for the incident where their player was injured about 2 yards from the North Stand touch line and they walked him all the way across, that was laughable !

The ref was absolutely shocking last night, again, no consistency and seemed blind to their games.

Their first goal came off the back of two good chances for us and was soft but very well taken, the second was a balls up by Jones, misjudged the flight of the ball completely. At two nil down it had all the hallmarks of another game thrown away but my god, what a finish !! Fair play to AA, he threw the kitchen sink at them with the changes and it paid off almost instantaneously, superb finish and was great to come away from FP with that feel good factor again.

That was just the push along we need, another good result Saturday and i can see us getting to the play offs.

PUP
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote:I was watching Sky Sports 401 as the initial goals went in and said to the Wife "I am going to check the Computer" and Westcarr scored. I`ll still go and check the "stats". had a look at `Pompey Live` on the News Website and Taylor scored. I rushed back to the television to get Sky`s goal report and said to the Wife I think I`ll go back to the computer it`s proving lucky. 30 seconds later Taylor scored again.
Blimey....how many times did you check the score last Saturday, BlueinPLtwenty?
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.