Clarkson "suspended" by BBC

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: Clarkson "suspended" by BBC

Post by Lost in Transportation »

RubiconCSL wrote:Plus, no one actually knows what happened anyway - other than what the very reliable free press are reporting.
The Mirror are reporting that Clarkson smacked an assistant producer for not ensuring there was food available after a long day's filming. Named the other party and showed a photo of them both in happier circumstances.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
blitzoid
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by blitzoid »

RubiconCSL wrote:it looks as though some people want the BBC to grow up.
Sorry. No. If I hit someone at work, I would be fired. End of.
Its such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Powerful TV personality abuses person who is dependent upon them for their job. What is the world coming to when the rich and famous can't hit their minions; political correctness gone mad!

BBC should have covered this up; that has always worked well in the past.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

RubiconCSL wrote:Okay, so he's a presenter equivalent of Marmite. But, no matter how un-PC he is (which incidentally I applaud in this very dark, controlled, PC age we live in) and yes, he's a knob, but he's an entertaining knob. Top Gear without him would not be the same.

If the BBC want to force us to pay for a licence, rather than fund themselves, then whether they like JC and TG or not, I'd say they should do what their customers want.

Plus, no one actually knows what happened anyway - other than what the very reliable free press are reporting.

I see nearly 350,000 have voted on the reinstate Jeremy Clarkson poll on change.com - so unless he's been a very busy boy, it looks as though some people want the BBC to grow up.
Almost 410,000 now.

A divisive figurehead for sure. A bit of a dick, but a great presenter - and a knowledgeable one at that.

If the Beeb give him the push, Sky will have a contract under his nose within minutes, and he'll probably take May and Hammond too.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

Careful signing the reinstate Clarkson petition folks, it is a government front for gathering the names of those with the lowest IQ in the country.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Powerful TV personality abuses person who is dependent upon them for their job. What is the world coming to when the rich and famous can't hit their minions; political correctness gone mad!

lol!
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

400 other channels, catchup, Netflix, life...
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

I know Clarkson AND i know the producer of TOP gear, not the 2nd that is involved in this alleged fracas.
Just be mindful of journalistic/media scullduggarry rather than the actual facts.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Here you are ladies and gentlemen, just fill in the appropriate boxes (oo err).
topgear_complaint.jpg
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Pompey Dave wrote:Careful signing the reinstate Clarkson petition folks, it is a government front for gathering the names of those with the lowest IQ in the country.
It'd be very useful for UKIP. Perfect list for them to target.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
Pompey Dave wrote:Careful signing the reinstate Clarkson petition folks, it is a government front for gathering the names of those with the lowest IQ in the country.
It'd be very useful for UKIP. Perfect list for them to target.
Burglars are also using the list to identify houses where the occupant never leaves. And probably hasn't got much worth stealing anyway.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Powerful TV personality abuses person who is dependent upon them for their job. What is the world coming to when the rich and famous can't hit their minions; political correctness gone mad!

That really is the best post in this thread. Nice one, PP :rofl
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:I know Clarkson AND i know the producer of TOP gear, not the 2nd that is involved in this alleged fracas.
Just be mindful of journalistic/media scullduggarry rather than the actual facts.
A very good point WB - this is the Beeb reacting to a situation of what they perceive to be a public outcry against the programme. This in fact is a media manufactured story and has little to do with actuality - more to do with their desire to 'get Clarkson'. The calls for re-instatement seem to indicate that the Beeb has misjudged their response in the pursuit of political correctness - and have now have a knee jerk reaction on their hands. As for the 2nd party involved, the so called 'producer' if he was tasked with looking after Clarkson's cuisine, then he was little more that a 'gofor' (with a clipboard!) who got it badly wrong......little more than a storm in a teacup.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
Wimbledon Blue wrote:I know Clarkson AND i know the producer of TOP gear, not the 2nd that is involved in this alleged fracas.
A very good point WB - this is the Beeb reacting to a situation of what they perceive to be a public outcry against the programme. This in fact is a media manufactured story and has little to do with actuality - more to do with their desire to 'get Clarkson'. The calls for re-instatement seem to indicate that the Beeb has misjudged their response in the pursuit of political correctness - and have now have a knee jerk reaction on their hands. As for the 2nd party involved, the so called 'producer' if he was tasked with looking after Clarkson's cuisine, then he was little more that a 'gofor' (with a clipboard!) who got it badly wrong......little more than a storm in a teacup.
Oh thank god for that - it was just a "gofor" that got thumped.

As you were.
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

He's been "dropped" or sacked as would apply to the rest of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

Correct call as far as I'm concerned. Violence in the workplace is unacceptable, or anywhere even.

Bring on Chris Evans