Back from the Shrewsbury game

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Back from the Shrewsbury game

Post by Pompey1985 »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Woah woah woah... £3million?
What's the question?
Where's that come from? Is it the mystical secret amount from Robinson?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Lost in Transportation wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Woah woah woah... £3million?
What's the question?
Where's that come from? Is it the mystical secret amount from Robinson?
Its the not so secret amount that has come from the Tesco development. It has been spoken about in supporter meetings for a while now by PST board members so hardly a secret. Its in an escrow account and has to be spent on ground improvements.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:has to be spent on ground improvements.
It'd improve the ground if it was full of happy supporters - spend it on players and a manager.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

We can cross Gary Johnson off the list of potential candidates to replace AA. He's just been appointed manager of Cheltenham until the end of the season.
dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Post by dickinson »

While our Board just sit on their hands waiting for the problem to go away! Johnson was a missed opportunity, how many others are there out there or do our Board just wait and wait and wait until........Oh damn all the good managers have been taken!!!
To accept ones ignorance is a great step towards an education - Abraham Lincoln
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Jamo and Herman....

...and I'm being serious....even though we got bit with Whits and Aws as ex Pompey men....

....but I still sincerely believe they'd be good for us.

They'd be 'contacts city' with pals all over the place ready to loan us players....

.... and 'charisma city' because of the respect players have for them.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Earl Grey wrote:Jamo and Herman....

...and I'm being serious....even though we got bit with Whits and Aws as ex Pompey men....

....but I still sincerely believe they'd be good for us.

They'd be 'contacts city' with pals all over the place ready to loan us players....

.... and 'charisma city' because of the respect players have for them.
Its a romantic idea but to go all dragons den. I'm out.

We need someone with no connection to the club in my opinion. We also don't need an amateur.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
dickinson wrote:I left today feeling humiliated and embarrassed.
You do realise that it was just a football match? And you weren't playing? Or are people really laughing in your face because you're a Pompey fan?

Get a grip, man!
Sitting where I do, towards the Milton End of the NSL, I get a good impression of the away fans. The Shrewsbury fans were far less abusive than most we have seen this season, despite the fact that they were all over us. Maybe they are just nice people, but I got the impression that it was too easy for them and we weren't worth the trouble. So "humiliated and embarrassed" would be a fair assessment.
I don't really understand your point, PP? A mid-table team lost to a team going for promotion. Scarcely a coupon-buster. I don't think the players should even feel "humiliated and embarrassed" (I'd go for "very disappointed with their performance", though they have a valid get-out-of-jail free card in that they are playing for a very poor manager), but the supporters? We just attend the games. I'll never feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about being a Pompey fan, however poorly the team play.
Last edited by Miss Tickle's bottom on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

dickinson wrote:No worries Pompey Penguin, I don't take anything MTB seriously, contributes nothing involving intelligent thought to this site.

As I see it here are two types Saints supporters on this site, the one's who make interesting, thoughtful and incisive contributions who I give respect to, these are both Southampton supporters and genuine supporters of the blessed game of football, then there are those who either don't like Pompey either because they are 'Scummers' and tend to be wind up merchants, rude and obnoxious, or they just don't like Pompey for no other reason other than pure tribal geographical hatred, they too I think are scum.

Sad, immature posters like MTB are best ignored and show disrespect not only to this site but also to their fellow genuine Southampton supporters who make considered contributions to this site.
There is so much ignorance (and a little nastiness, for good measure) here that I can't even manage a sarcastic reply to this.

I'm getting old.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote: I'll never feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about being a Pompey fan, however poorly the team play.
I too will never feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about being a Pompey fan, however I do feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about how poorly we play. Subtle difference
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Mitchampton
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Mitchampton »

blue architect wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote: I'll never feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about being a Pompey fan, however poorly the team play.
I too will never feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about being a Pompey fan, however I do feel "humiliated and embarrassed" about how poorly we play. Subtle difference
Why? You can't control how the team plays so no need to feel humiliated and embarrassed. Can understand if you feel pissed off because you paid money and gave your time.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Mitchampton wrote:
blue architect wrote:
Why? You can't control how the team plays so no need to feel humiliated and embarrassed. Can understand if you feel pissed off because you paid money and gave your time.
Absolutely! Even at our lowest times, I never felt that - pissed off at wasting my precious time and money, yes - but there are worse things to feel embarrassed and humiliated at. Like the time my dress was tucked into my knickers and no-one told me. It doesn't get much worse than that. Football? Pah!
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Mitchampton wrote:
blue architect wrote:
Thank you. I was beginning to doubt my own sanity. Again.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
dickinson wrote:No worries Pompey Penguin, I don't take anything MTB seriously, contributes nothing involving intelligent thought to this site.

As I see it here are two types Saints supporters on this site, the one's who make interesting, thoughtful and incisive contributions who I give respect to, these are both Southampton supporters and genuine supporters of the blessed game of football, then there are those who either don't like Pompey either because they are 'Scummers' and tend to be wind up merchants, rude and obnoxious, or they just don't like Pompey for no other reason other than pure tribal geographical hatred, they too I think are scum.

Sad, immature posters like MTB are best ignored and show disrespect not only to this site but also to their fellow genuine Southampton supporters who make considered contributions to this site.
There is so much ignorance (and a little nastiness, for good measure) here that I can't even manage a sarcastic reply to this.

I'm getting old.
You are getting old. You should be humiliated and embarrassed. You would have trashed that post in your younger days. Get your s**t together man ! Go listen to The Clash 1st album and return with renewed vigor......ffs.
Div III. Call it what it is.
benjbadboy

Post by benjbadboy »

What have I been telling you about Awford. We have wasted another season with an ex player hoping to bring the good times back. can the board aim higher and go for somebody with a long term plan and the ability. Playing loanees in front of better and regular players, Bizarre. Just lets move on and get rid of this man not capable of mens football.