The great grand grand national sweepstake 2015

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Re: The great grand grand national sweepstake 2015

Post by Hamburg Skate »

One for me please!
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Hamburg Skate wrote:One for me please!
Chance Du Roy for you my good sir.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

With Many Clouds left unpicked, I guess we have to congratulate the mandatorily participating Miss Tickles Bottom for triumphantly finishing second with his scummer horse.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

This Time Next Year wrote:With Many Clouds left unpicked, I guess we have to congratulate the mandatorily participating Miss Tickles Bottom for triumphantly finishing second with his scummer horse.
There's a certain justice in this (though I'm not sure what it is) but there must be a moral to the story. How about me winning £60 today after you alerted me to this horse after allocating it to him and giving me the worst one? I discovered my win, after our win today, in the car on the way home. It's been a good day!
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Speech! Speech! Oh all right then...

I'd like to dedicate my victory to St Denis, the patron saint of France, the inspiration for my success. Unlike him, I can hold my head high with pride today.
I'd especially like to thank TTNY for blatantly ignoring my expressed wish and to the Lady of the Lakes for justifying an investment (I swapped four pounds for sixteen pounds - yay!), and to other posters who bravely tried to help me lose some money.
No thanks go to my dearly missed dog Oscar. Why do so many horses have the word 'Oscar' in their name? And why do I always waste money on them?

Vive la France!
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:There's a certain justice in this (though I'm not sure what it is) but there must be a moral to the story. How about me winning £60 today after you alerted me to this horse after allocating it to him and giving me the worst one? I discovered my win, after our win today, in the car on the way home. It's been a good day!
I just can't spot a link between the triumph (well, sort of) of my beautiful French horse and the latest lucky win by your football team...
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by lakespfc »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Speech! Speech! Oh all right then...

I'd like to dedicate my victory to St Denis, the patron saint of France, the inspiration for my success. Unlike him, I can hold my head high with pride today.
I'd especially like to thank TTNY for blatantly ignoring my expressed wish and to the Lady of the Lakes for justifying an investment (I swapped four pounds for sixteen pounds - yay!), and to other posters who bravely tried to help me lose some money.
No thanks go to my dearly missed dog Oscar. Why do so many horses have the word 'Oscar' in their name? And why do I always waste money on them?

Vive la France!
So pleased that the lovely "Santy" as I call him did us proud, hopefully he'll be back to go one better next year, although I suspect the handicapper will put the kybosh on that..

With regards to the many Oscars, there is a stallion called Oscar so many of his progeny bear his name. If you want an Oscar to follow, Oscar Rock is a good'un..
PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!
travellingpompey
Paul Merson

Post by travellingpompey »

Thanks to all the fuss about Saint Are on here I backed it and my draw. Second and forth £118.35 for £30.00, good day.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever even tried.