Where's dickinson?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Where's dickinson?

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

He exploded on to this MB about 2 months ago - good poster and then suddenly disappeared....anyone upset him? Anyone heard from him......maybe Rubi?
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Where's dickinson?

Post by RubiconCSL »

Nothing I did guv - honest.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:He exploded on to this MB about 2 months ago - good poster and then suddenly disappeared....anyone upset him? Anyone heard from him......maybe Rubi?
You really need to read all the posts on this board. Dickinson writes :-

"MTB comments directed to me are posted above, in particular the line laughing in your face because you are Pompey, I'm don't believe for one minute that MTB 's Dad will be delighted by that remark. Sorry, MTB the post above, of your Dad and the crying doesn't wash with me. Cheap comment to use your deceased Dad to justify your argument, goodness, did you laugh in his face because he was Pompey fan also!

I was a friend of Jimmy D when he was alive, I'm sure, no I'm certain, he too would have defended my stance of disliking the line,

'Or are people really laughing in your face because you're a Pompey fan?'

MTB, you are obviously no Pompey fan, no Pompey fan would say such a thing. unbelievably you expected me not to respond to this remark. PFC lies deep in my blood, of course I won't accept it.

The moderators definitely need to do something about the number of abusive non Pompey fans on the site. There are too many of them.

At my age, life is genuinely too short to participate in abuse of this nature, my time on the site has been enjoyable and 95% of posters i have enjoyed debating with you, yes even you EG. I hope I have made some helpful contributions and wish all genuine Pompey fans the very best.

This is my last posting, however I will occasionally read the site. Good luck.

PUP forever.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

After my post on that same thread I received a PM from dickinson. It basically read that MTB was a WUM. Ziggy was an obnoxious person from down the road, etc, etc.
It is a shame that he has taken this stance and from my personal point of view I resent him trying to get me to think of other posters the same way as he does.
We are all different, with differing view points. I dont need to tolerate anything - but I find no-one on this board the least offensive.
It seems he took offense to something and voted with this feet. As I said its a shame as he was a good, informative poster.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Thanks for that PM......I had no idea! We have somehow managed to lose a terrific poster who contributed some brilliant debate. I hope he will re-consider his decision to quit and realise that this MB appreciates his wit and reasoned arguments on an array of topical news - in a very small time over 3 months he posted 464 times and they weren't one liners!

I hope he returns and I know of other posters who feel the same.....
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Ditto
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

blue architect wrote:After my post on that same thread I received a PM from dickinson. It basically read that MTB was a WUM. Ziggy was an obnoxious person from down the road, etc, etc.
It is a shame that he has taken this stance and from my personal point of view I resent him trying to get me to think of other posters the same way as he does.
We are all different, with differing view points. I dont need to tolerate anything - but I find no-one on this board the least offensive.
It seems he took offense to something and voted with this feet. As I said its a shame as he was a good, informative poster.
How hurtful! I'm not from down the road, I'm from up the road. He acted like a silly schoolboy flouncing off in the way he did. It's an Internet message board FFS! There will always be posters you click with and some you don't and you either pass on by or get stuck in a la MTB. I thought he was a bit odd. I don't think he quite got that, despite supporting different teams, we all quite like each other. Well, I do anyway. I'm here, not because of football (who'd go on a Pompey board to discuss football?) but because there's some common bond after 10 plus years of getting to know each other - albeit via a screen.
ddavis
Kev the Kitman

Post by ddavis »

The establishment caught up with him. He's now part of a tesco value lasagne.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

ddavis wrote:The establishment caught up with him. He's now part of a tesco value lasagne.
No wonder their profits are down.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

I agree he is missed on the site.....he wasn't shy with his views (which is fine by me) and it was only a matter of time before he had a major fallout with someone on here.

Personally I never liked or agreed with the 'anti Saints' fans vibe to his posts though, Ziggy, Jasper etc..are good contributors on this site, even Linford adds something (let me think about what for a mo)
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Mickemo wrote:I agree he is missed on the site.....he wasn't shy with his views (which is fine by me) and it was only a matter of time before he had a major fallout with someone on here.

Personally I never liked or agreed with the 'anti Saints' fans vibe to his posts though, Ziggy, Jasper etc..are good contributors on this site, even Linford adds something (let me think about what for a mo)
:smt008 - and it's not often I'll do one of those!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Can't be too thin skinned on a footy message board...you don't have to argue with the morons on here....See...I don't argue with any of you.

bwahahahahaha
Div III. Call it what it is.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:I don't argue with any of you.
Yes you do........

Back to being serious for a mo, I don't quite know what to make of Dickinson. I disagree with a fair amount of what he posted. I also didn't like his constant "I knew Jimmy Dickinson" and "I'm related to an MP" and "I know a lot about the paedo investigation" posts - I never knew whether to believe him or not. Unless he is actually Fred Dinenage, in which case I could believe all 3 statements.

If he's constantly going to have hissy-fits like that, then the board is better off without him, but without that, he was a benefit to the board.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Who remembers chapel chap. He was king of the big babies.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Mr Nuts wrote:Who remembers chapel chap. He was king of the big babies.
I raise you. Mustard.