Congrats to Pompey Ladies

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Congrats to Pompey Ladies

Post by BlueinMontreal »

For winning their league.......... maybe PC doesn't have far to look for a new team
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Congrats to Pompey Ladies

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

:thumb
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Here they are receiving the applause of the crowd at the Pompey v York game for their efforts.

[youtube][/youtube]
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

They haven't finished yet people.

Sunday 24th May vs Sheffield Ladies at Stratford Town (Stratford upon Avon) in a play-off to achieve promotion to the Women's Super League.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:They haven't finished yet people.

Sunday 24th May vs Sheffield Ladies at Stratford Town (Stratford upon Avon) in a play-off to achieve promotion to the Women's Super League.
Yes...I saw that. I thought there was a thing going around a while ago that the Super League was not a promotion/relegation friendly set up.

Now I see that there's a Super League 2 as well as a Super League. I'm assuming that promotion/relegation works all the way up and all the way down which wasn't my impression a while ago when Pompey were putting in a bid to be included in the Super League when it was first being organised.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Earl Grey wrote:

Yes...I saw that. I thought there was a thing going around a while ago that the Super League was not a promotion/relegation friendly set up.

Now I see that there's a Super League 2 as well as a Super League. I'm assuming that promotion/relegation works all the way up and all the way down which wasn't my impression a while ago when Pompey were putting in a bid to be included in the Super League when it was first being organised.
Its not purely meritocratic based on the quality of the players, you have to fulfil league requirements to achieve promotion which is what happens with the pyramid structure in the men's game. Pompey Ladies believe they can fulfil the Super League requirements - certainly Old Spice thought so who is more involved with the Ladies since his departure from the PCFC and PST boards.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
Earl Grey wrote:

Its not purely meritocratic based on the quality of the players, you have to fulfil league requirements to achieve promotion which is what happens with the pyramid structure in the men's game. Pompey Ladies believe they can fulfil the Super League requirements - certainly Old Spice thought so who is more involved with the Ladies since his departure from the PCFC and PST boards.
OK....thanks. It's a bit clearer now. So I assume that both Sheffield and Pompey Ladies fulfil the basics for entry into the Super League set up - otherwise it would be a bit pointless them playing off on May 24th...
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Earl Grey wrote:OK....thanks. It's a bit clearer now. So I assume that both Sheffield and Pompey Ladies fulfil the basics for entry into the Super League set up - otherwise it would be a bit pointless them playing off on May 24th...
They are the Premier League South and North winners in themselves.