So what is newsworthy...?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

So what is newsworthy...?

Post by Milkins »

Having just read the latest yawn inducing supposed travails of poor Taylor Swift, I can't help wondering why anyone would give a ******.

The fact that Apple and Taylor Swift are in league here to promote both her and Apple just convinces me even more that they are both to be avoided.

Sensationalist co-promotion - welcome to the real world of commerce.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: So what is newsworthy...?

Post by itsaintfunny »

Yeah, yeah but you would, wouldn't you ? :roll:
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

I hate to say this, but on first occasion ever, I find myself agreeing with Milkins! I know, I know I must be sickening for something contagious involving badgers or the meaning of life, but credit where credit is due, the old so and so has neatly discredited Taylor Swift (whoever she may be!) and the meanderings of Apple (when they're not making hideous watches for people with more money than sense!)

I feel the need to stand to attention with trembling lower lip, a salute at the ready and something from Elgar providing a stirring anthem in all its' Britishness....strewth, I'm never going to live this down! I'll welling up.......
LiT other account
Gary O'Neil

Post by LiT other account »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:I hate to say this, but on first occasion ever, I find myself agreeing with Milkins! I know, I know I must be sickening for something contagious involving badgers or the meaning of life, but credit where credit is due, the old so and so has neatly discredited Taylor Swift (whoever she may be!) and the meanderings of Apple (when they're not making hideous watches for people with more money than sense!)

I feel the need to stand to attention with trembling lower lip, a salute at the ready and something from Elgar providing a stirring anthem in all its' Britishness....strewth, I'm never going to live this down! I'll welling up.......
Shake it off Pomp...
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Far Post Brisley »

In life the takers are going to take, take, take, take, take, take;
The haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate;

I think we should all know when to duck.
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Far Post Brisley wrote:In life the takers are going to take, take, take, take, take, take;
The haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate;

I think we should all know when to duck.
That's a rather profound thought for a post at this time of the evening, Far Post Brisley! It just so happened that this time the ramblings of Milkins were cogent and right. Your Takers and Haters dialogue will have him reaching for the nearest alcoholic beverage and the poor old sod will have one of his turns, just when I'm lauding one of his better days.......