Barcham, Ertl & *Dunne* on their way..?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Hermann
Mickey Quinn

Barcham, Ertl & *Dunne* on their way..?

Post by Hermann »

None of the three travelled to Portugal. Somehow I don't think all 3 were injured (& anyway, wasn't it more of a 'team-bonding' exercise?)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-6823365

Also 'rumours' of Wimbledon making a bid for Tubbs!

Would not be keen to see Dunne or Tubbs leave. Barcham I thought could play (even if not fancied much at first - in other words, 'would have to prove his worth'), as back-up to the three behind the striker.

Dunne I rate, with Doyle apparently off the radar (didn't go to Portugal after all, and it seems finances dictated that - which is fair enough, with plenty of midfielders in our squad, but still a *big* need for a RB and a striker - TWO if Tubbs goes!). But would rather keep Dunne than push the boat out for Doyle (not that I know enough about the latter).

Ertl is a bit 'marmite', does ok (& sometimes better) when he comes in. But still another year on his contract, and he doesn't play much. Good wages too I hear, and seems a of an expensive 'club captain/community ambassador'. I expect a bit of flak/difference of opinion over JE, probably Barcham too, but think most people rate Dunne? - and Tubbs?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Barcham, Ertl & *Dunne* on their way..?

Post by Selsey Bill »

Getting rid of Dunne would be a massive mistake IMHO. If he is leaving, all I can think is that he has fallen out with Cookie which would seem a little silly! I'm hoping this is just a bored Neil Allen trying to drum up some news, and that he is just staying here as his missus is about to drop. As far as Barcham is concerned, no worries with him going to AFC Wimbledon. I'd like to hope Johnny Ertl could be used as an ambassador for the club in some way, but would not lose sleep over him not playing for us again.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Fully behind Cookie and his decisions to date. However am hoping the Dunne speculation is just that. Would be a really poor decision to get rid of him.
Vince
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Tubbs has to stay....Dunne is also one to keep.

Hope these rumours are just that.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Tubbs is going nowhere! He's out in Portugal with the rest of the lads.
LiT other account
Gary O'Neil

Post by LiT other account »

Selsey Bill wrote:Tubbs is going nowhere! He's out in Portugal with the rest of the lads.
I'm being told there are legs to this rumour. Whether it is true or happens is another matter.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

LiT other account wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:Tubbs is going nowhere! He's out in Portugal with the rest of the lads.
I'm being told there are legs to this rumour. Whether it is true or happens is another matter.
You normally know a thing or two. My usual sources are either keeping shtum on matters relating to Tubbs and Dunne, or are just none the wiser! I'd like to hope we're keeping both, but if Tubbs is off, Cook must surely have a replacement striker lined up?
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Barcham has joined Wimbledon
Vince